Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:46 AM
Edgraf
Fire Beetle

Default Board boats

how is boarding boats handled?

It seems to rely on the race being specifically 141 (boat) as I spawned an OOT boat in Timerous Deep and it still functioned, but if I changed its race to 73 (launch - like barrel barge) it stopped triggering board boat. The only quest I can find for a_boat only handles them respawning if they haven't been used.

Sorry I am pretty new to this whole custom server design thing, and Its possible this is handled either client side or deeper in the code than i am experienced enough to figure out on my own.

Is it possible to make a raft that is controllable by a player like the small canoe boats are.

I appreciate any help, trying to turn timerous deep into a much more functional low level questing zone and want to have lots of usable boats.

Edit: made this with a freshie eqemu account cause my main one has my real name in login info, but i have been playing emu for 10+ years, just never delved into the server hosting side, trying to get my feet wet
Old 01-12-2022, 01:55 AM
Russkie
Fire Beetle

From what I've been able to gather with my own research on this, it is client driven as it relates to (and more experienced folks, correct me if I'm wrong) the direct X drivers in game. From what I recall, the Titanium client was the one with decent boat functionality, but I wouldn't know where to begin on implementing it with the more modern RoF2. I think the volunteers have it on the radar, albeit extremely low priority compared to many other functionalities/content.

And to your very last sentence, if you're trying to get your feet wet then why are you taking a boat? :P
Old 01-12-2022, 02:34 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

it's hard coded client side with each race instantiation, there's a flag system during the race add function, if flag is 1 it is tagged as a "ridable entity". From personal testing, rof2 seems to have other technical difficulties with this flag (but testing is still rough for me on this). If you have a DLL injection method, you can modify races accordingly.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com