Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
xinu
Sarnak

Default SOE Closing Vanguard, Free Realms & Two Other Titles

We have received word that Sony Online Entertainment has made the decision to close four of its titles: Free Realms, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Wizardry Online and Vanguard Saga of Heroes. Official announcement threads have been started on each game's forum to give the sad news to current players.

Kids' games Free Realms and Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures will officially shut down on March 31st, followed by Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and Wizardry Online on July 31st.

SOE's Senior Director of Global Communications Michele Cagle provided us with the following information and forum links:

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/r...7ua3YlUJWKs.99
Still alive and looking for more Developers

EverQuest 2 Emulator
Vanguard SoH Emulator
Old 02-05-2014, 09:24 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Thank the gods for the brilliant folks at http://vgoemulator.net

Looking for C++ devs, ASM wizards, data collectors, and eventually content designers. Come visit!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Hey John. I was just curious, with the closing of Vanguard are there already data collects for the game? That is the biggest issue I could see is that the world could never be recreated if there is no data collects.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Hey John. I was just curious, with the closing of Vanguard are there already data collects for the game? That is the biggest issue I could see is that the world could never be recreated if there is no data collects.
At an assembly level it is still possible to reverse engineer without using live server data.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Robregen
Developer

oops for double posting

Last edited by Robregen; 02-05-2014 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: double posting
Old 02-06-2014, 09:09 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
At an assembly level it is still possible to reverse engineer without using live server data.
I am talking about the "zone" data, like objects, npc locations. I do not think there are so much zones, they stream right? Rather like World of Warcraft. I was just wondering have complete data collects been done?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I am talking about the "zone" data, like objects, npc locations. I do not think there are so much zones, they stream right? Rather like World of Warcraft. I was just wondering have complete data collects been done?
Well the server data objects/npcs/items/etc won't be there. The placement of that stuff would have to be inserted manually if they don't collect before vanguard goes down. Definitely not much fun but you could still 'recreate' the world albeit a tedious process.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.