Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 PM
PsIKoTiC
Fire Beetle

Default Old World pvp with item looting?

looking for an emu server with old world pvp with item loot (one item only prefered). anyone know of any?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Barl
Sarnak

there isnt any atm, but this is what a lot of people are looking for... However Image has just started on GW again and if working on that, so hopefully that comes out soon
Old 12-03-2005, 01:06 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barl
there isnt any atm, but this is what a lot of people are looking for... However Image has just started on GW again and if working on that, so hopefully that comes out soon
I been trying to get people interested in this on my server.
Nobody really likes it for some reason.. I think it would be awesome for all my level 130's and up players to keep them from gettiing board.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Demi-God

Not many people like expanded level ranges especially beyond what live offers...
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Rithien
Fire Beetle

Not to mention they can all probably kill eachother in one hit.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Barl
Sarnak

the people want old school ralloz zek... which means old world zones with old world gear, lvl 50 max.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:41 PM
PsIKoTiC
Fire Beetle

I agree. Old world zones, no nodrop, old school (or at least something like old school) gear.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:24 PM
mattlyson
Fire Beetle

Default Heres your Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsIKoTiC
I agree. Old world zones, no nodrop, old school (or at least something like old school) gear.

That is wat GuildWars is, Old world zones, pvp etc. check out the servers website for more info .
Old 12-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

I posted this in the "Best Server" thread before I read this, so I'll just quote it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
Since there's apparently a lot of demand for an EQ server, we've been thinking of combining the best of both worlds and make an SoD-based PvP server with balanced PvP. It would run seperately from the "bluebie" SoD server, but would otherwise be more or less identical with the addition of nice, balanced PvP.
Apparently I get a server error if I try to edit my post, but I tried to add that we would be using RZ rules (coin+1 item) combined with some possible goal in PvPing like area control. Thoughts?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Kaotikk
Fire Beetle

Sweet idea Melwin. I am playing SoD now, but am getting pretty bored of it atm. The lack of pvp ( only a few ubers are red, with the occasional lowbies)
is something that really discourages me. SoD with balanced pvp, and pvp only would be sweet. Downside to duels on SoD (current server) is that as a 65 Ranger , A wizard can kill me in 1 crit nuke ( happens pretty often), my bow DPS is cut to about 2/3, and I max out for the same melee damage using my 101 dmg 2hb, and my 50 dmg 2hs ( Using the 101 dmg, Max non-crit single hit on Rizmal (Frost King) is 671, Max non-crit single hit on a lvl 58 wizard is 190ish).

Anyways, I think it is a great Idea, and I would definetely be among the first few to hardcore play that server.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Barl
Sarnak

What zones does SoD use? Also how long does it take to lvl to 65 ?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Killawen
Sarnak

SoD uses most oldworld zones, but has a few Kunark, POP, and some others. Patch up to LDoN. It doesn't take that long to get 65. People say it takes forever, but if you truely want 65, you can get it -very- fast. I did 53-60 in a week. That included a few nights of raiding also. I get about 1% per one or two mobs at level 61. But with a good group you can nonstop pull.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:18 PM
PsIKoTiC
Fire Beetle

Don't try too hard to balance classes. It will ruin the game. I would definately play on an sod pvp server though!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:22 AM
BongResiN
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
Apparently I get a server error if I try to edit my post, but I tried to add that we would be using RZ rules (coin+1 item) combined with some possible goal in PvPing like area control. Thoughts?
I think its an awesome idea Melwin. I <3 SoD and PvP, combine those with Rallos rules + the good concepts of the SoD team and you have alot of fun imo. I say go for it!