Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 AM
loglos
Sarnak

Default Underhill or the Hive

Underhill (from DoD, I think) and the Hive (not sure where that came from) are both awesome to me.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

I have used many of Sakrateri zones and there are exceptional, some of the best zones in game.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Cripp
Discordant

for my server i used SSERU for the starting city.. i spawned the whole zone (took me like around a year on/off developing)
here are screenshots.. http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ugs/?start=all

the zone is perfect though there are 4 buildings in the middle (4 similar classes start in each building as there guild hall), another huge building in the center which i plan on locking for GM uses or something only, there are 2 banks, and 4 secondary guild taverns, the rest of the zone has many houses / buildings to make shops/randoms/whatever, and to top it off theres an arena.
also whats nice is the zone is symmetrical so once you get the hang of it its really easy to get around.

PS: MY ZONE, RAR.

www.nugblazers.com

Last edited by Cripp; 04-03-2008 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Trying to make it so the game does not require any player modification at all. Using openzone would mean clients would have to download the map right?

Seru was nice when it came to how well lit it was. But the city is just to crammed for my needs and the huge walls make it difficult to navigate.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripp View Post
for my server i used SSERU for the starting city.. i spawned the whole zone (took me like around a year on/off developing)
here are screenshots.. http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ugs/?start=all

the zone is perfect though there are 4 buildings in the middle (4 similar classes start in each building as there guild hall), another huge building in the center which i plan on locking for GM uses or something only, there are 2 banks, and 4 secondary guild taverns, the rest of the zone has many houses / buildings to make shops/randoms/whatever, and to top it off theres an arena.
also whats nice is the zone is symmetrical so once you get the hang of it its really easy to get around.

PS: MY ZONE, RAR.
I was wondering Cripp, Did you use Seru for any specific reasons. And is there a wide range of objects that can be spawned in Seru?
Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Cripp
Discordant

first of all i dont use any PEQ or other released databases.. i start everything from scratch.
i chose seru because of the size, because its easy to get around, it has an arena, and a perfect setup for the guilds/starting locations.
also i use the little parks that are on each side as the bind spot for 8 classes on each...
and there are many shops / housing / perfect spot for banks on each side as well... so its actually a city

www.nugblazers.com
Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripp View Post
first of all i dont use any PEQ or other released databases.. i start everything from scratch.
i chose seru because of the size, because its easy to get around, it has an arena, and a perfect setup for the guilds/starting locations. also i use the little parks that are on each side as the bind spot for 8 classes on each.
I agree, it's a nice looking map, but if you are inside the inner city, it's hard to get to the rear of the city. + I want to add portals similar to POK so that it is a central hub. The problem with that is that the city is so crammed, there is little space to add such protals
Old 04-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Telltolin
Sarnak

I like Aldwold ;D
Old 04-04-2008, 04:45 AM
trevius
Developer

If you want a new zone, you can try #zone illsalin or #zone thundercrest.

Ruins of Illsalin - illsalin (looks like an underground evil type city)

Thundercrest Isles - thundercrest (Bright and clean looking city type zone with an asian sort of theme to it)

From what you have specified so far, seems like you might like Thundercrest.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

thundercrest seems to godly to be used as home town - since its basicly like Plane of Sky 2.0

I will once again sugest to look at Paineel =)