Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
krazzeekane
Fire Beetle

Default Game Freezing After Selecting Server

So I finally got a titanium copy at best-buy for sale at $15 bucks clearance, and installed it, changed my eqhost.txt, and made sure it didn't patch. The game works fine when I run it, login, and see the server select screen. but when I click on a server and then hit play it just freezes up completely at the server select screen and will not un-freeze even after waiting 10 minutes. I have tried multiple servers and all have the same problem.Any help would be appreciated in fixing this problem.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:23 PM
loglos
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure this is in the faq somewhere but I'm not sure which link that is. I had the same problem. I was running either on Vista or Win 7. Forget which box it was. Anyway, run EQ as administrator and see if that fixes it. It did for me. You can lighten up the restrictions as a long term fix but run it as admin once to see if that is the problem.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
krazzeekane
Fire Beetle

i've tried uninstalling and re-installing, I run windows xp with sp3, newest drivers. Nothing seems to fix it. It doesn't patch or anything so I'm not sure what to do
Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
loglos
Sarnak

Did you try right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Try the other black screen fix. Use the config program to set the resolution to 640x480. Try logging in.

Other than those, look for the FAQ. Trevius has it in his sig.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
krazzeekane
Fire Beetle

nevermind, now it works, for some reason it just loads to all the servers now. but I can't select my character. all it does is show a chracter called newbie in the middle of the screen without any UI to let me create or explore or anything. I used to play until 2007 so I know what it is supposed to look like, and this has absolutely no ui besides the chracter and the background. So please help