Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:08 PM
phis2017
Fire Beetle

Default Login Server Isues

Hey Guys,
Well, I need a little guidance on this one. I got the server up and running and wanted to run my own login server too. I'm coming across a weird issue. I can only successfully enter the EQ world from one of my PC's and no where else. I have 4 machines on my LAN and when I try it with the other systems it lets me log in and get to the character screen and then when I select enter world, it sits there for a bit and then gives me a " Server not responding," and then a "You have been disconnected error." But when I go to my laptop (which was the first macing that I registered any characters on) it runs fine. I can use any login, and character and all is good. Has anyone ever seen a situation like this?? PLeeeease help. I have an 11 year old old son and some of his friends who want to play EQ!

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2018, 05:56 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

There really aren't enough clues here.

Is the computer you can enter world with the same computer you are running the server on?

Is the exact same client in use on all computers? Same operating system? In other words how are they different?

Are you in a zone with the one that works when the others fail? How many zones (zone.exe) are running?

This is a start. There are a lot of other things that may need to be known, but these will give a chance to find some issues that could be wrong.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:55 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

If you are just logging in from LAN, in the interim you could just run the server without the private login, the computers on your IP should be able to connect. Don't need to open up ports at all.

I have never had an issue logging in on any computer on my network using the stock installer and doing nothing else. Make sure each computer has client installed properly.