Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-25-2003, 01:54 PM
madmartin
Fire Beetle

Default umm WTF

I've been playing on an emu server for a couple hours now (couple LD's here and there) but now every time I get to the char select screen my comp freezes (EQ stops responding and crap like that), has anyone had that problem before? Is it my comp thats doing it?
Old 09-25-2003, 02:05 PM
madmartin
Fire Beetle

Default umm

Uhh, well NM about it saying 'Not Responding' because it says it's running just fine, but it locks up and never leaves the char select screen (gawd why the f*ck cant it boot me to server select or something??).
Old 09-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Merth
Dragon

If you can packet collect this behavior on EQLive for us, we could replicate the behavior on EQEMu! The problem is, how can you get EQLive to do it? We can't figure out a way, hence the behavior you see.

BTW - the char select will freeze on you if you try to enter a zone, but no zone handler is available for you to connect o.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:09 PM
kanechart
Sarnak

so merth your saying this keep going on for while did this happend in 4.4?/
Old 10-01-2003, 10:18 AM

---------
Old 10-01-2003, 10:46 AM
mangoo
Items Master

Too bad the "get a better one" idea doesn't work for brains, huh Kyle9
Old 10-01-2003, 02:03 PM
jawa21
Sarnak

Most of the times I've noticed this problem it only lasted for a while, which leads me toward Merth's explaination. Normally, you'd see "This zone is currently unavailable", but they haven't been able to packet collect this from EQlive, causing the client to freeze up. If there's no room for another zone to load, and you happen to be in one that's not loaded, you can't log in.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:25 AM

ok Mangoo you figure out a better idea to fix it then. Im just stating my ideas sheeesh always bringing the white man down....
Old 10-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Nautfat
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle9
ok Mangoo you figure out a better idea to fix it then. Im just stating my ideas sheeesh always bringing the white man down....
Well, if you read the other threads, you'd notice the technical difficulty he was experience wasn't a lone case. Lots'a people were having that problem. To my knowledge, it stopped with DR4. It did for me, at least. And I haven't seen any new threads on it. So, possibly the correct answer was "Wait for the next server release."
Old 10-02-2003, 11:43 AM
mattmeck

Kyle9 just wants more monkey butts under his name. he dosnt seem to care that he gives out false information or just sounds like a jerk, he admited that his second day here.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Nautfat
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Kyle9 just wants more monkey butts under his name. he dosnt seem to care that he gives out false information or just sounds like a jerk, he admited that his second day here.
Well, if his ego can take the amount of dents he's gonna get with every post he makes, more power to him. I don't mind having someone to pick on. Brings back good memories of high school. Err, no wait, those were bad memories of me being picked on.... But the bullies looked like they sure were having fun, so one-in-the-same!