Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Damnit, I was exporting to my old Titanium client *facepalm* sorry. That was the problem almost the entire time after manually changing all files. I was changing Titanium files the whole time, arghhh. Creating my own headaches.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 PM
uwill
Sarnak

OK, so I exported the 3 files to export folders, edited using the spell editor on GeorgeS' site, saved, then I moved spells_us to my "import" folder, imported those changes to the database, THEN copy/pasted the spells_us.txt file I had been editing into my Underfoot client, and bam, "You can not cast this spell while out of combat." Now I think that's a legitimate problem not caused by my own stupidity. Is Underfoot different when it comes to spell editing? I am opening/saving as a SoD-type file.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwill View Post
OK, so I exported the 3 files to export folders, edited using the spell editor on GeorgeS' site, saved, then I moved spells_us to my "import" folder, imported those changes to the database, THEN copy/pasted the spells_us.txt file I had been editing into my Underfoot client, and bam, "You can not cast this spell while out of combat." Now I think that's a legitimate problem not caused by my own stupidity. Is Underfoot different when it comes to spell editing? I am opening/saving as a SoD-type file.
I know this is a 3 year old post and its likely you arent even playing any more or having this issue, but I think I have a "fix" for your "cannot cast this spell out of combat" issue.

Open spellsnew in heidisql. There is a field for each spell called "must be in combat" or something like that. Edit that field accordingly. You will have to go to your spells.txt file and find that field and edit it as well. But something tells me that the field is checked that you must be in combat.

Sorry in advance for the thread necro, but I have been spending a lot of time with my own server and editing spells and items and I have learned a LOT!