Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:03 PM
chasem
Fire Beetle

Default Suddenly Not Able To Login

"The instruction at 0x77ded968 referenced memory at 0x00000dd6. The memory could not be written"

Went to bed last night everything working fine. Woke up this morning to this error each time I try to log into my server. It happens about half the time I try to log into other servers as well.

Using UF client. Tested with Titanium and got the same crashes. RoF works fine however.

Reinstalled UF...Same thing. Tried every compatibility mode. Nada.

Been combing through forums today and not found anything that works.

No idea what happened. Anyone run into this before? Thanks as usual!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:01 AM
chasem
Fire Beetle

Figured it out - Had messed with class_skill table. Changed them back later, but forgot I had a rogue character in the database with unavailable skills. Had to delete the character.

Two questions:

1 - Is there a report or file that I could've found this error in instead of backtracking my dumb mistakes?

2 - Why would the RoF client work with these mistake while the others did not?

Thanks!! Learning as I go and appreciate all the help.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Uleat
Developer

Since that's a client-generated error, the only place you would likely find any information would be the dbg.txt file in that client's 'Logs' directory.

Sometimes the game will offer to send a crash report back to SOE and some information can be gleaned from the memory dump.

In either case, the information will usually be undecipherable to anyone who isn't familiar with the inner workings of the client...

As to why one client would allow something that other clients wouldn't? That's even harder to answer than finding an error in a memory dump -
other than to say it's just coded differently.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-31-2015, 04:19 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

What changed.

that's the only thing you can do.

Shit doesn't just "Happen"

Unless your memory went bad.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:25 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

0x77ded968 error code reference VM error code did you allow enough memory for the program ? 0x00000dd6 malware File has been identified by at least one AntiVirus on VirusTotal as mailcious

Akkadius explained: If you can't understand that there is a certain level of risk in using something that is put before you do anything with it I don't know what to tell you.

I just want to throw the book of programing sins look at the server code before you compile it looks like ms is writing the code its an open shut case. Malware can be removed control panel folder options,view, show all hidden files,folders and drives apply. Restart computer in safe mode goto users folder yourname AppData folder inside you will find other folders open local folder open temp folder remove all. Roaming folder and c:\ProgramData you will see all the programs you have installed. While in safe mode control panel programs and features remove unwanted programs.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:02 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
What changed.

that's the only thing you can do.

Shit doesn't just "Happen"

Unless your memory went bad.

I should l2read.