Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:31 PM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
FlexQuest - http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=2963
Range of players can be solo all the way to full raid ... Mobs scale dynamically in real-time. Current release is Velious. Planned through PoP.
Already tried that server and while I absolutely love the mob scaling factor (kudos) Its just too modified for me. I do admit it does seem a lot of fun and would suggest people give it a look.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:14 AM
greenspectre
Fire Beetle

Ironic that Sturm posted well wishes in this forum...considering how he runs one of the most solo-friendly servers I've played on. Imperium is like a solid 80% soloable, with 2 bots per account. I'd recommend making a second box just to pick up raid instances, but you can easily progress through at least half of GoD content solo. I think the KT trial where you need to hand in the Icon of the Altar is where I started really needing my ranger box, but I could have possibly geared or gotten more AA's first.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:58 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

Imperium is going to be your best bet. You go through normal content until its exhausted then move into custom content. Give it a try - I've been playing EMU for around 10 years on various servers and this is probably the best solo server and it has a reliable developer.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Dogmai9
Sarnak

ImperiumEQ. It is custom/classic solo or box to level with some minor group content like epics.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:47 PM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre View Post
Ironic that Sturm posted well wishes in this forum...considering how he runs one of the most solo-friendly servers I've played on. Imperium is like a solid 80% soloable, with 2 bots per account. I'd recommend making a second box just to pick up raid instances, but you can easily progress through at least half of GoD content solo. I think the KT trial where you need to hand in the Icon of the Altar is where I started really needing my ranger box, but I could have possibly geared or gotten more AA's first.
Tried it also, it is very custom. Im looking for as close to normal as possible.
If I knew how to make a server, I would make content up to Omens soloable then make a couple custom zones with fabled mobs and raid mobs from other expansions that max lvl players could cooperate on.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Grab Akka's repack, run it and source in the stuff from this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42039

Boom, solo server kinda like how you want it. Minor tweaks and you're off and running.

Good luck.

PS. It's not ironic that I wished him well in his search, I knew he wasn't looking for an Imperium like adventure already. haha
(but thanks for the kind words about Imperium)
Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 PM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm View Post
Grab Akka's repack, run it and source in the stuff from this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42039

Boom, solo server kinda like how you want it. Minor tweaks and you're off and running.

Good luck.

PS. It's not ironic that I wished him well in his search, I knew he wasn't looking for an Imperium like adventure already. haha
Sorry for stupid questions, do I load up whatever version of EQ I have then add that pack somehow to it?

Also sorry for hijacking the Op's thread, but didn't think it would be ok to start another thread asking the same thing.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by woton View Post
Sorry for stupid questions, do I load up whatever version of EQ I have then add that pack somehow to it?

Also sorry for hijacking the Op's thread, but didn't think it would be ok to start another thread asking the same thing.
Start here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki
Old 05-16-2019, 12:26 PM
greenspectre
Fire Beetle

Quote:

Good luck.

Sturm, your amazing work on Imperium is responsible for the actual best times I’ve had on EQEmu. Your server is worth more kudos than I can give. I will never forget the rush I got when I first took down the boss of GoD, an expansion I completely skipped on live. Nor the feeling of taking down CM in Feerrott2 solo for the first time. Some of the best solo gameplay available!
Old 05-17-2019, 04:47 AM
Liquid741
Fire Beetle

Honestly surprised there hasn't been hosting sites that allow the subscriber to customize their server to their own specific needs. I remember when Conan Exiles came out there were websites that hosted your server and you could change anything and all in the world. Not sure how much though there is in market demand though..but for someone like me who is an 'IDIOT' when it comes to anything related to changing something within a program I would pay for this.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid741 View Post
Honestly surprised there hasn't been hosting sites that allow the subscriber to customize their server to their own specific needs. I remember when Conan Exiles came out there were websites that hosted your server and you could change anything and all in the world. Not sure how much though there is in market demand though..but for someone like me who is an 'IDIOT' when it comes to anything related to changing something within a program I would pay for this.
I've thought about it but realistically how feasible is it to do something like this when the emu playerbase is only like 2000-3000 people.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
I've thought about it but realistically how feasible is it to do something like this when the emu playerbase is only like 2000-3000 people.
Exactly. And with 140+ servers on the list already here, generally, only about a dozen, or so, ever see any kind of a population with the bigger percentage of that 3K player base up on the legends servers. Player base gets a little busier in the winter, when people have nothing to do, then slows down in the summer.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:48 PM
Liquid741
Fire Beetle

Have you thought about making a video tutorial? I'd definitely donate for a slight in depth tutorial on how to set up a solo server. Or in fact a step by step guide written for this..I have 0 knowledge of what SQL is and honestly most of the information seems to be in several posts or I havent found the one that details set-up. For some this might seem petty, but like I said in previous post I'm an idiot when it comes to working with programs and their files. I'm great with youtube tutorials, but not much else. If this interests you, PM me or post.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:29 AM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid741 View Post
Have you thought about making a video tutorial? I'd definitely donate for a slight in depth tutorial on how to set up a solo server. Or in fact a step by step guide written for this..I have 0 knowledge of what SQL is and honestly most of the information seems to be in several posts or I havent found the one that details set-up. For some this might seem petty, but like I said in previous post I'm an idiot when it comes to working with programs and their files. I'm great with youtube tutorials, but not much else. If this interests you, PM me or post.
We must be related.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:51 PM
Hondo
Fire Beetle

Quote:

Does anyone know if there's a way to enable bots with Akkadius' Server installer?

I've installed it, merged in the above solo player rules, and everything was working great, but I'd really love to add bots to this. I've tried the server command line "assets" upgrade for bots, but it complains that the binaries are not enabled for bots.

Sounds like a blast! Thanks.