Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:59 AM
kris1
Sarnak

Default Flagging zones

I appear to have figured out how to lock zones. My end game is to make all but vanilla EQ zones require a key. And each character will have to unlock the expansions by looting my custom keys.

I seem to have successfully applied a "flagging" and it works at least with the NPC porters at the docks (all I've tested so far). But right now, when an unflagged character hails the porter, and clicks the link in the text, it ports the toon to the safe spot in the zone.

Is there a way I can get it to deny the toon access to the zone, as it is, without the port to the current zone's safe spot?

And while I'm at it. Is there a less clumsy, cleaner way for me to control access to certain expansions, per character?
Old 07-28-2018, 09:30 AM
HuginnNavarita
Fire Beetle

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree/master/utils/sql

The text files there are a great resource for getting waypoint to where to find things, I'm messing around with similar things.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:17 AM
kris1
Sarnak

I may be too computer newb for this...but literally the only resource i know how to even access is HeidiSQL. Are there other programs I should have, or other ways to modify things?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:20 AM
kris1
Sarnak

when I go to that link you posted, I'm not sure what to do with that stuff

I'm clearly supposed to know stuff for this, that i do not know.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:00 PM
HuginnNavarita
Fire Beetle

all is well my friend, learning is a great thing

character_table_list.txt

when you open this text file, you will see a list of items, ranging from line 1 to 40

every line is a table in the EQEMU database, pointing to everything related to character info...so if you are working of anything character related you may want to open this text file up and then check what information is in each table, you will use HeidiSQL as a tool to browse and learn.

I would suggest you stick with HeidiSQL, cause as your knowledge of DB's grows...things will start to make sense....right now it is a program with to many options

GL !
Old 07-28-2018, 05:42 PM
kris1
Sarnak

Well, in context to my issue, for example, I'm sure what I want done can be done through the zone_flags. But when I got to that table in Heidi it's blank. There are 2 fields, charID and zoneID. And I'm sure i can play around with that and flag my characters for zones...

I'm trying to put an item drop into the game that unlocks the Kunark zones, per character, like with the keyring. I added the flagging to the zone, what seemed to be the same way it is for sleeper's tomb or Old Seb. where it says the actual "item name" of the key, in the "zone" table, "flag_needed" field.

And that successfully locked me out of the zones (at least by dock porter). Having the key I made in my inventory, didn't allow me access to the zone. so I made a nearby door open with that key, just to get it on my keyring, and still no access to the zone.

I'm suspicious of the "flag_needed" field on the "zone" table. in all other instances that I am seeing, an item number would be used for this, not the item name typed out. So, I feel like I'm missing