Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:56 AM
kris1
Sarnak

Default GM account crashing other clients

This is seemingly happening out of nowhere.

What is happening?:

The presence of my GM account/character in the same zone as my other characters, is causing my other character's clients to crash.

What I was doing at the time:

I was in the middle of making changes to a series of custom newbie weapons and charms...adjusting focus effects, clickies, etc. This is when I noticed the clients had crashed. And just seconds before I was shuffling through each client, manually destroying each of the custom items on each of the clients, so i could hand out new one. So it seemed to happen right when i had used the #giveitem command from my GM, though I cannot be sure. I just know that when I immediately switched to that client, it was crashed.

What i happening now:

After the crashes, i noticed that the GM account did not crash. I figured it was just a glitch, late at night...maybe i did something I wasn't aware of. So I just reloaded the accounts. they all crashed upon zoning into the world. So I logged off the GM account and started loading them in one at a time...all was fine. The entire group loaded in, functioned, and all seemed fine. Then I loaded in the GM account and all the others crashed. So I zoned the GM account out of the zone, and repeated...all was fine. Everyone loaded in, and functioned properly, with the GM account in another zone. Then I zoned the GM account into the same zone as the others, and upon loading in, the others crashed. I repeated this a dozen times or so, to confirm the events. All different combinations of the other clients. 100% of the time, all clients except the GM account, crash by being in the same zone as the GM.

What I am using:

Windows 10 64
WinEQ 2.0
EQBCS/MQ2

A few variables I found.

1. When i log the clients in by using the eqgame.exe shortcut they seem to function fine, and do not crash in the presence of the GM account.

2. When I log in with the eqgame.exe it displays one of my character's titles funny. it displays the id# of the title, before his name, and the title after. And It displays my GM's guild as <Unknown guild>, where as the WINEQ operated client was not displaying the GM's guild at all. (I'm sure this is just a benign client setting, just want to include everything I noticed.)

3. Earlier in the day, I had been removing some "accounts" that I had logged into the server on to test things, and had no intention of using them again. IDK if that corrupted something in the table...

Solutions:

I had thought to try remaking or making another GM account to see if by some chance that one doesn't cause this. But I have not yet tried that...I also thought about reinstalling EQBCS/Mq2 and WinEQ, as it seems to only be happening when I have the box chat server up or when I'm on the WinEQ operated clients...I have not yet tried running the EQBCS/MQ2 without the WinEQ, nor visa versa.

I will try those things tonight when i get home, but in the mean time, I thought I would reach out and see if anyone had any insight.

Thanks in advance...
K

UPDATE:

I made new GM account, and the problem does not happen. So, whatever was happening, has to do with that first GM account...And interesting enough, the new GM account crashed, not when entering the same zone as the old GM account, but upon coming into view of it. VERY weird