Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:28 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Chronicles of Norrath

I debated on doing an individual thread on this, but because of some confusion I think it is better to have it's own thread. Back on 7/18/2014 I changed the name of my server from Dragons of Mist [HC] to Chronicles of Norrath. Since then the server has slowly but steadily gained population. We do still have some regulars out because of the Holidays, but on the weekends we have been hitting around 30 logged in, that is a max of two characters per person. Overall the server has had constant improvement and developed to something better. The players have really grown in their abilities and hit some pretty hefty raid targets with good organization. Overall though we are a laid back group of people that are developing a like minded community.

There is still plenty of work to do, I have been very persistent on developing our wiki and cleaning up the database to be more of what the players want. So here is a list of what the server is about, pulled straight from our website.

Chronicles of Norrath is your home for Classic Everquest game play. We offer very little customization, just enough to help with the high end content but not enough to remove the challenge.
We try our best to keep the nostalgic feel of the original game and still offer the challenge that kept us coming back for more.

Summary

Classic Everquest Feel
Max level of 65
Original player starting zones, no tutorial zone
No donation system
No GM donated items
Friendly and active player community
No bots
No spell scribers
Extremely robust server
Extremely high up-time
Content up to GoD
Slightly lower than normal XP rate
Rotating hotzones
Corpse Summoners
Slightly easier LDoN
Dual boxing allowed
Separate login server
Access to all Veteran AAs
A fast growing list of Fabled mobs
Working boats!
Compatible with Titanium, SoF and Underfoot clients
Old 01-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Kennebec
Fire Beetle

I have to say this is one of the most stable servers I have played on and the GM is very responsive to bug fixes. The community that is building here has been very friendly and helpful to each other.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
daiscass
Fire Beetle

Default love this server

hiya everyone,
i started on this server about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. the community is friendly, very stable server, responsive and active developer, and a community that gets together and does fun stuff. Its still small but growing daily. if anyone comes over i play axedent, chernobyl, or stubbyfeets, feel free to shoot me a tell. i also have a bunch of low level alts if you are looking for groups.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Fleche
Fire Beetle

Default this is home

My wife and I tried a few private servers. We enjoy the challenge and the feeling of satisfaction that this server provides. We have been here since August, 2014 and it has been very stable. Good communication and response from the developer. The player base is very active and helpful.

Trying to recapture that elusive nostalgic feeling? It's here.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Machinae
Fire Beetle

I started here a week ago, the xp is right on que with a normal server...if your looking for good gameplay in a community that is just getting to know each other, groups regulary and helps each other out this is the place for you.

We are lacking raid classes obviously but that's changing, this is not your normal everyday vanlla eq. You are melee you will get ravaged at low levels just like EQ used to be, 2boxing is hard at low stages, be prepared for it and learn the curve.

Hook up with me in game and Ill help you in anyway I can.

Arkadius Necromancer of CoN
Old 02-02-2015, 10:28 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I know many people have wondered about high end content on our server, but I also do not make changes unless I see them absolutely necessary. There has been much discussion on the topic and how to implement it, a way that satisfies the need of keeping the server very challenging but at the same time letting people progress without getting stuck as certain points.

What we are doing is actually scaling the content on demand. We are starting with Velious, but not many people are at that point so the development will definitely remain well ahead of the players. I expect to be done with Velious by the end of the week. What is being scaled on demand is the actual strength of the mob and loot. We have done many test on our developmental server and are confident a well thought out group will be able to solo all of Velious, so far that is the case on the mobs that already have these changes.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:53 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

I don't play on this server, but as others have said the admin for this server, and his setup from a reliability and performance standpoint are first rate.

As for the reason I don't play there, he just made a statement about adjustments he is making.

That kind of thing is tricky though, but just no way you are going very far in the PoP progression with a max raid group of 6 or 12 (if you are very, very lucky with people being on; no emu server has the population to support raiding without boxing, and two boxing isn't enough).

I guess the other option is to enable past 65 levels. A lot of older PoP content was soloed (either truly solo or with a merc) once guys got to like level 80. There ought to be something a single group of level 70's with GoD/OoW spells could do with PoP raid mobs.

Anyway I'll be watching to see how this plays out.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
I don't play on this server, but as others have said the admin for this server, and his setup from a reliability and performance standpoint are first rate.

As for the reason I don't play there, he just made a statement about adjustments he is making.

That kind of thing is tricky though, but just no way you are going very far in the PoP progression with a max raid group of 6 or 12 (if you are very, very lucky with people being on; no emu server has the population to support raiding without boxing, and two boxing isn't enough).

I guess the other option is to enable past 65 levels. A lot of older PoP content was soloed (either truly solo or with a merc) once guys got to like level 80. There ought to be something a single group of level 70's with GoD/OoW spells could do with PoP raid mobs.

Anyway I'll be watching to see how this plays out.
Well we will be too, and we will adjust after considerations. So far on our test server we are seeing great results. I know this is not the end-all solution to the issue but we are taking baby steps.

Quote:
And thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 AM
provocating
Demi-God

We have gotten some wonderful things accomplished on Chronicles of Norrath lately. Many quest and bug fixes. The website and forum have received many new features and enhancements. I spent many weeks working on the boats and am happy to report that all boats appear to be working very solidly. Several of us have used the Siren's Bane and Maiden's Voyage with zero issues, they simply run like clockwork now.

I have went through and reworked the newbie quest to where the players receive the proper experience for quest like bone chip, crushbone shoulderpads and gnoll fangs. When I say proper, I mean experience as reported around 2001.

The latest project is to go back and repair any broken pathing and create pathing for zones that have none at all. I have completely reworked the classic zones and should have Kunark done by the end of the week. So please stop by and give us a yell. We have a very friendly community of players with many different play styles. It does not seem to matter if you are the raiding type or if you like to take is slower, we seem to cater to everyone.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

I'm up to level 49. Love the server so far. Thank you
Old 04-12-2015, 11:42 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Glad to have you there
Old 04-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Yeah so, I made it to 52 great server but man...duoing with exp that slow and no one to group with I gave up.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:07 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I hate to hear that man. The population comes and goes, that is just part of it.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:11 PM
xariongray
Fire Beetle

Working on getting Double XP setup for today (Sunday May 17th) and part or tomorrow (Monday 18th). Come join us for some fun!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:21 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Just letting everyone know our maintenance Window for the bandwidth upgrade is going to take longer than I thought. AT&T screwed up something as per usual. ETA is later today we will be back up. No one is more pissed about this than me, trust me.