Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2019, 04:23 AM
Seungkyu
Fire Beetle

Default What am I doing wrong?

Everything regarding a private server seems to lead to "https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server" so I will speak based on this link.

My problem is after setting everything up, I either don't see my server listed, or I double click the Everquest icon and I get a "Could not establish a connection" error.

Here is what I did step by step.

1. Extract EQEmu Server Installer Files

2. Run eqemu_install.bat as admin twice. The first time it runs for about 10 seconds and closes whenever I press any key. The second time it installs other folders and maps, etc.

3. Rename the server as "Zeta server"

I run the server, then look on my P99 linked EQ account and see all the servers, but no "Zeta server"

So I try the LAN description.

4. Get IPV4 Address from IPCONFIG in CMD.

5. Edit Login.ini-> Local Network to my IPV4 address

6. In eqemu_config.json I change the host to my IPV4 address

7. In my separately installed non p99 titanium client I change the host in eqhost.txt to my IPV4 Address:5999

8. I run the server with login bat.

9. Click on the Non p99 seperate titanium client Everquest shortcut. "Could not establish a connection" error.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and the youtube videos seem to show installation of an older model based on wikis no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.