Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Koshoji
Sarnak

Omfg You Devs are AWESOME!!!

I knew you were thinking about maybe doing this, but jeeze, it's already out! Lol you guys Rock : P I would like to echo my thanks for all of your hard work and drive. Also, thank you for sharing the results of your work for free. /bow
Old 04-22-2006, 01:49 AM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

Default been a while

Im trying to get caught up with whats going on with EQemu. I got sent down to New Orleans through the fire company when Katrina hit. Finally coming home on tuesday, and I want to get a server going. Are the databases still compatible with the new 0.7.0? Meaning if i go grab me the titanium edition, 0.7.0, minilogin, and the databases...disregarding the bugs I should be good to go?
Old 04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
attempt37
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHowell2005
Im trying to get caught up with whats going on with EQemu. I got sent down to New Orleans through the fire company when Katrina hit. Finally coming home on tuesday, and I want to get a server going. Are the databases still compatible with the new 0.7.0? Meaning if i go grab me the titanium edition, 0.7.0, minilogin, and the databases...disregarding the bugs I should be good to go?

Yes, you'll be good to go.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:34 AM
xvirus2501
Fire Beetle

its been so long sense ive seen good news. I love the green text you used. so soft on my pale blue eyes. Not like that evil bold redness of ....... haha well good to be alive..

"4 points towards score, 2 points towards code"
Old 04-29-2006, 02:39 AM
hansolojim
Fire Beetle

Default re

Thanks a lot for all the hard work. It's much appreciated.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Gamist
Fire Beetle

So I should be able to create a server and play on a LAN with the EQ Titanium edition using EQemu 0.7.0, correct?
Old 06-25-2006, 12:20 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamist
So I should be able to create a server and play on a LAN with the EQ Titanium edition using EQemu 0.7.0, correct?

Nope..

Everyone else in the world can but not you.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Gamist
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Nope..

Everyone else in the world can but not you.

Oh great! Now i've gotta go return the Titanium edition!
That just figures that after i've tried for so long that it was all for nothing. :(
Old 06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

sarcasm off? =) If you have problems getting it installed just do a search or hit the main page link for server setup.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Gamist
Fire Beetle

No, I know where to get the info to set up a server. I was just wondering if I would be able to make a LAN server, for offline play with a friend.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:07 AM
quintenwolfe
Fire Beetle

Default AA Training not working..

OKay.. On my windows server.. I am getting an error:

"Unknown DB String 13xxx-1" at a cost of 1 Ability Point..

(xxx denotes a number apparantly pertaining to which ability you are trying to train)

Ok guru's... what am I missing? Is it Database related? or am I missing a "something.txt" or "something.conf" file in my eqemu/server directory?

Thanks...

BTW. Linux server still crashes on zoneing..... using the same db as the windows server that does NOT crash on zoning..

Q
Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Wizardanim
Sarnak

Default not missing anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintenwolfe
OKay.. On my windows server.. I am getting an error:

"Unknown DB String 13xxx-1" at a cost of 1 Ability Point..

(xxx denotes a number apparantly pertaining to which ability you are trying to train)

Ok guru's... what am I missing? Is it Database related? or am I missing a "something.txt" or "something.conf" file in my eqemu/server directory?

Thanks...

BTW. Linux server still crashes on zoneing..... using the same db as the windows server that does NOT crash on zoning..

Q
For titanium, thats normal at the moment. The string 13500-1 aka 135001 is the description or title of the AA listed within a text document in the eq directory refering to Innate Strength i believe... Thus the tables in the database under altadv_vars, title_sid and desc_sid. In the aa window, you see that string but for some reason the client dosent process the information like a 6.2 compatable client would... just need to give it time to find what the issue is
Old 07-15-2006, 12:02 PM
quintenwolfe
Fire Beetle

Okay. Thats sort of what I thought.. so.. if I correct the database to match what is in the Text... I should be correct in the presumption that it would work?

Or is it an combination of opcode and text file I need to watch?
Old 07-15-2006, 02:51 PM
quintenwolfe
Fire Beetle

I do notice that if I have say 40 AA points... and I train in an AA, it does take away from the points, but does not add the ability to the character, and also does not increment the Cur/Max counter on the AA Table for the selected ability..

Checking the database.. it matches what is in "eqstr_en.txt".

For Example..
String 13500 IS innate strength...
13501 is the description for the ability innate strength.

Sourcing the database, it too matches the ID to the proper description.. however.. packet shows when an ability is selected to be trained, it sends 13500-1 as it's string that when the client pulls from the File.. does not match and therefore the client displays the error message about "Unknown DB String".

IF my presumption is correct, that would denote a possible error in the source code for AA's, would it not?

Probably a "struct"...?

I dunno.. I am not a coder.. just a troubleshooter..
Old 07-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Wizardanim
Sarnak

Default dosent work

At the moment its just not working...

The setup right now works for 6.2 compatable clients, when you switch to titanium on the same servers, it dosent work. So something in the client changed... enough to the point the (possibly) structure isnt recognized by the server, or other ops have been implimented /shrug - thats one im gonna leave to the devs hah.

AA info isnt listed in the database, altadv_vars is just references to data within the client.

One thing i have found tho is that if you train in innate str 5 times, it seems to count it due to the fact it limits you to 5 'trains'

Last edited by Wizardanim; 07-15-2006 at 11:09 PM..
Closed Thread