Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM
spider661
Discordant

Default login server? help

is there a way to bypass the login server or anything.. what i want is to (for example) give people my ip and have them connect directly. i dont want ot show up on the server list..
im new to all this and its not that i dont want all you grat people to be able to connect to my server i do really.. its just that it seems alot of peeps are gettind cese and desist orders and such for running servers and what not and probley getting live accounts baned and i dont want all that.. i have a live account and want to keep it so basicly it all boils down to i dont want to get caught i like plaing eq its just soemthing like this would help with plaining old world raids or all kinds of other stuf (somethig to do in downtime) and all.

anyways back to the point..
is there a way to let someone connect and not show up in a server list.
or mabie a way to run my own login server like newlogin1.eqemulator.net or something.
cause god forbid this site gets shut down or something then there is no server to connect to in the first place anymore.

thaks in advance and sorry for my spelling its late im tired and could never spell to great in the first place. :P
Old 10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
typhoon
Sarnak

Yes but you have to run minilogin and then put new users into the database along with the IP they will be using manually. If their IP changes alot, it will become a pain to maintain. There is no automatic way to get them into your system unless you write a custom PHP page to add them to your system or allow them to change thier ip.

These instructions tell you how to setup a server and minilogin (near the end of the instructions).
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows6

That should get you going.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
spider661
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoon
Yes but you have to run minilogin and then put new users into the database along with the IP they will be using manually. If their IP changes alot, it will become a pain to maintain. There is no automatic way to get them into your system unless you write a custom PHP page to add them to your system or allow them to change thier ip.

These instructions tell you how to setup a server and minilogin (near the end of the instructions).
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows6

That should get you going.
ok sounds great..
but i have one question.
how does this site do it?
i meen the ip changes and such. you log in you register your user/pass and then log on you dont have to come change your ip every time you log on if it changes.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 PM
typhoon
Sarnak

They have a login server that they wrote for EQEMU and will not give out for security purposes. You have to use minilogin or write your own login server yourself.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM
spider661
Discordant

ok i got it all working but a few things..
it seems no matter what password i put in anyone can login is there a way to change that? like gie each user a pass of there own?

also im getting alot of opcode errors and alot of going ld atlest from me.

op codes are soon as i log in unknown opcode 0x0003 (its missin in the opcode.cfg) and i got a opcode 0x000e when i got loged in to my char anyone know what thay are or have a better cfg file than the defualt that comes with 6.2
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Xtopherus
Fire Beetle

My understanding of minilogin is that it identifies users by there ip address not by there username and password. So each person that has a different ip will automatically have a different character list. If that makes sense.
if you have 2 people connecting from one ip your outta luck. Also if you want 2 different accounts for one ip (only one can be logged in at a time) you have to add the entrys for the Account1, Pass1, and IP1 and Account2, Pass2, and IP1 into your mysql. Gotta use same ip for both. Theres all kind of info on how to do this, just use the search.

Xtopherus~

edit: oh about the opcodes and the errors, you have to use a different opcodes file for minilogin Should come with it thoguh.

Last edited by Xtopherus; 10-19-2005 at 11:30 PM..
Old 10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
spider661
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtopherus
oh about the opcodes and the errors, you have to use a different opcodes file for minilogin Should come with it thoguh.
i used the opcodes that came with it and 0x0003 is missing from it aswell..

also i seem to have figered out y i keep getting booted just dont know how to stop it any time i do a massive loc change (example use #goto 0 0 0 from across the zone) it seems to boot me.. i hope that makes sence i dont know how to look up a log for the zoneservers. but thats whats doing it how do i fix it? anyone else have this problem?