Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:18 PM
D'lonzo
Fire Beetle

Default I am nostalgic for old EQ; my computer is not

I got the crave - I dont know how many times that was happened since around year 2000 - for some old style EQ. Recently finding out about Project 1999 has got me overjoyed at finally getting those old zones and models back, EQ pretty much in the state it used to be in, with actual people playing it.

Alas, it's not meant to be, apparently. I tried on two different computers, one old and one newer, and I tried two different sources of EQ Titanium as well.

The problem: Once I reach the EQemu server list (where I can select P99 among others), any server I try to log to will get me a black screen for a number of seconds, showing only the EQ cursor. Then it comes back to the Station login screen (main title). When I try a second time, as I reach the server list again I have an error 1017 window.

I'm running EQ Titanium on Windows 7.

I tried everything I could find. First step was of course reading the "getting started" section and following every step by the book.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Play_Gu...etting_Started

I googled for hours and tried many suggestions, to no effect. Here are some fixes I tried, those I can remember:

- Changed the target path in the EQgame shortcut to the one with 'affinity', I dont remember exactly
- Used compatibility modes such as XP SP3 and others. Also other options such as Run in 640x480 and disable desktop composition
- Changed resolution everywhere: desktop, eqclient.ini, the EQ external option menu, changing then, matching them, using 4:3, widescreen, anyway that doesnt seem to do it.
- Underclocked my CPU using Intel Extreme Tuning utility, disabled throttling as well. Admitedly I have no idea if it actually takes into effect.
- Opened port 5998 on my router
- Tried shift+enter, ctrl+enter, alt+enter combos when the screen is black. No response.
- Deleted eqclient.ini so it would create a new one
- Assigned only one CPU core to EQ (core 0)
- Tried a different computer, an older desktop
- Tried a different version/source of EQ Titanium on both computers

Is the Getting Started guide up to date?

Can I resume the procedure like this:

1) Install EQ Titanium
2) Change eqhost file to the correct server path
3) Create eqgame shortcut and add patchme in the target
4) Play

So there is no file to download, no patching to be done or anything? (I'm excluding P99 files). Is there something I am skipping?

Do you have any tip I havent tried yet, that could possibly solve the issue?

Thanks for your time.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Should be as simple as installing titanium, grabbing 99's files, redirecting your eqhost file and logging in.

You can use winEQ to connect as opposed to using eqgame shortcut w/ patchme.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:35 PM
Adol77
Fire Beetle

Might be your directX version. IIRC you need directx9 been awhile though, g'luck.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:06 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

DirectX 9.0c is what you should have
Old 08-19-2017, 04:07 PM
D'lonzo
Fire Beetle

I did both of these, WinEQ2 and directx 9c. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I'm really hoping to get this working, the crave is not going away
Old 08-19-2017, 04:23 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Not sure why yours is not working. I have two puters, both running win 7 and my titanium client runs fine on them.
I've never had to alter the core useage or anything, one box is quad core, the other 8 core. Running eqgame.exe with
the patchme on shortcut is all I've ever needed to do with any client versions I run. (Titanium, UF & RoF2)
Old 08-19-2017, 04:30 PM
D'lonzo
Fire Beetle

I have a similar setup, one 8-core and the other I believe 2-core.

I'll admit my lack of up to date knowledge, what does UF and RoF2 stand for?
Old 08-19-2017, 04:40 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Underfoot client and Rain of Fear client. I assume you also know, some servers may not be setup to run Titanium client ?
Individual servers are all customized in one form or another. Some say "Titanium" client only, others might say UF or
RoF2 only, or whatever combo the server owner had in mind. Maybe your Titanium client is bugged ? That happens.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:55 PM
D'lonzo
Fire Beetle

I will try getting a hold of a third version of Titanium and see if that helps!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:11 PM
D'lonzo
Fire Beetle

Unfortunately, the copy I use doesnt seem to have an effect. They all behave well enough until the same point. At this I think I'll be very lucky if I get to play.

Thanks for your imput.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:14 AM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

Have you tried the project 1999 website http://www.project1999.com/? The files you need to download are located there.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 PM
D'lonzo
Fire Beetle

yes, I did put in those files in. However the issue is not simply with Project 1999, is it for all other servers as well.