Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:02 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Default Start your live patching.

Here we go tomorrow is the day, EQ goes free to play and they also implement a new server...Vox! All accounts have already been upgraded and you may start your patching now. All servers are down except the test server which you may log into now.

Happy hunting..

Keep a lookout for me

85 warrior test server Killark
1 sk on new server vox Tavish

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
sorvani
Dragon

patch notes said they made the new tutorial armor set even more powerful, heh.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
njlinus
Sarnak

What is the deal with test server accounts? Will all accounts be gold accounts there or do we have to pay for gold? I have been playing on test since test copy and would love to be able to play any of my 9 accounts for free.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

the deal was if you bought a game card before it went free would be a gold account.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Dinggo
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlinus View Post
What is the deal with test server accounts? Will all accounts be gold accounts there or do we have to pay for gold? I have been playing on test since test copy and would love to be able to play any of my 9 accounts for free.
All accounts playing on Test server are and will remain Gold and full access to all content including the expac Veils of Alaris. Pretty much fromnow on, Test is Full gold game for free, with its other many added perks on top of that.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Dinggo
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlinus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
the deal was if you bought a game card before it went free would be a gold account.
Until that game cards time runs out, then you either need to resub, buy a new gamecard or chose to go F2P and be reverted back to Silver on all Live Servers you log into. That is for Live Servers.

As for Test Server, the gamecard deal was not related to that server, its Gold Free to play forever, no mater who and what you have done in the past, but only on characters on Test, nothing carries back to Lives (even if you have not payed or played the game for 12 years).
Old 03-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Issachar
Fire Beetle

just logged into my old server... wow that was kinda overwhelmingly gay with the limitations on my older raid gear char. only 4 slots werent prestige flagged.

I definitely dont think this will hurt the emus... in fact i think the opposite. if we can roll out support for the live client we could make it very easy for people to get their hands on a client that could be easily modified no?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
sorvani
Dragon

remove all the augments from your old gear, and you can probably wear it.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:27 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Heres the deal ! Go onto live character you love, in game type /test click yes. This will copy that character to the test server.

Then get out relaunch launcher then click on the little gears on bottom left then click game version, switch that to Test with the drop down arrow, hit apply , then log in , you will get on test server and the character you just copied will be there with all items and level.

Play as GOLD on your best characters! might even catch me in there, Just look for Sakrateri. Have fun!

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

What level are ya sak? Maybe we can group up sometime, Ill certainly hit you up if I get the chance. Just started a few new toons so grinding away (100% XP pots from FV help)

Qaidieni / Qalenu / Qaidienix are my mains, Mage / Paladin / Necromancer, 74th / 70th / 74th level
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

also

/testcopy works to copy toons to test

but pretty much hit me up guys

Bowalord / Arrowsong / Arrowshaman

I can invite you to biggest guild on test at the moment
Im on like 8-12hours aday so