Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:24 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Is there a way to export the Sirens Bane boat model to see how it was built and textured, and then create a whole new boat from scratch in 3DsMax with the same layout and textures to replace the faulty one?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQstarr View Post
Is there a way to export the Sirens Bane boat model to see how it was built and textured, and then create a whole new boat from scratch in 3DsMax with the same layout and textures to replace the faulty one?
Probably, just no one's done it yet. It would require making the animations for the boat too, which no one has currently done.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:40 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Probably, just no one's done it yet. It would require making the animations for the boat too, which no one has currently done.
Well,there is a 30 day trial of 3dsmax here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/3ds-max/trial/

I'm willing to give it a shot, if someone could give me instructions on how to export the Sirens Bane / Sea King ship model and textures.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:35 PM
501st
Sarnak

If you're comfortable using newer boats there's four that, as of last time I checked, work fine. In fact I believe they are the models Sony used to replace the old boats recently and I know they used them in TBS.

Quote:
533-Boat-Non global-shi.eqg
550-Merchant Ship-Non global-b04.eqg
551-Pirate Ship-Non global-b05.eqg
552-Ghost Ship-Non global-b06.eqg
-Miku/Danyelle
Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501st View Post
If you're comfortable using newer boats there's four that, as of last time I checked, work fine. In fact I believe they are the models Sony used to replace the old boats recently and I know they used them in TBS.

-Miku/Danyelle
I tried these in Qeynos, but all I got was a human model. I tried male, female, and neuter.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Cowboy6534
Sarnak

anyone know how p99 shrunk the size of the boats using race 72 gender 0?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Cowboy6534
Sarnak

guess it doesnt matter because even with the beta style boat collision still doesnt work right

Edit: Collision from top down works but not through the side of the boat. The part that should be in water.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Cowboy6534
Sarnak

Heres an idea. The beta boat is sitting stationary in BB to the right of the docks facing the ocean. The collision on it is perfect and the size is much smaller. is there a way to use this model to replace race 72?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Allizar69x1
Fire Beetle

I had boats working somewhat from BB > OOT > Freeport

I had to replace the boat with one that had working collision then redo the pathing so the boat sailed smoothly instead of all glitchy

This may save some time if anyone wants to redo the pathing:

Make the boat targetable and make sure you have flymode on so you can maintain the same Z axis, summon the boat to the docks and move it up/down until the landing of the boat is even with the docks. Write down the exact Z axis for this position, then start the pathing circuit making sure you maintain that exact Z axis for each waypoint.

I never finished and tied them so that a boat would be waiting on the other side, but it was a smooth ride (until you zoned ;P)