Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:32 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Looks like the code has support for the Eq Anniversary Edition , which runs for around 19.00 too.
So now I would at least hope to see new whiners with a new rant: "Why do I have to spend 19.00 on another EQ game called Anniversary Edition?"
I highly doubt it has FULL support... yet.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-04-2007, 06:03 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw View Post
It can log into character select but get unhandled opcodes when I try to log in and/or try to create a new character.
What I have been trying (and sometimes it even works!) is if I get an unhandled OpCode in a particular function (like OP_AdventureRequest for a recent example), I would open my patch_Titanium.conf file, find that OP entry, and change the 0x0000 to what my zone log showed was invalid. In this case, 0x43fd. Now, magically, when I click the Request Advenure button in the client I no longer get invalid opcodes and the server/client respond properly. This only works, of course, if there is code to handle the OpCode in question (I believe...) so if it's some completely new functionality, yeah it won't work.

Not sure where they got the opcodes for Anniversary Edition already, unless it is a mere copy of another one and they plan to change it as things show up invalid? But you might start there, CC... Find this "OP_CharacterCreate=" in your patch_Anniversary.conf (currently appears to be 0x0000 or "off"), change the code to matche what is being thrown in your logs as invalid.

I could be totally talking out my ass, and I am sure there are TONS more to compatibility than this, but it's something you can play with in the meantime to keep you out of trouble. If I had AE, I would help troubleshoot it. I'd love to start using a new client.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:33 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Thanks for the reply - I am currently mulling over a reinstall cause' I'm dead in the water currently(I want to get in and keep working on Angel's custom content.), but I might try thunking in values and see if I can avoid the pain. I would really love to get this up.

I'll walk AE-Ed. out onto the gangplank and give it a couple more chances before it jumps into the sharks.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:06 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

UPDATE: (Bah no edit post button. So sorry.)

I got the 1025 EQEmu update and I can zone in with AE and such so I guess progress on the packets is ratcheting along. The player models are all wrong, you still can't create new characters, and the scaling of some of the game objects is weird, among a bunch of other things. But en-heartening progress though.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Damnit. Now I have to buy Anniversary! Curses CrabClaw!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Sirhottie
Fire Beetle

Hm, I loaded the AE and then did everything the Player's guide said to do, but when I log into the server/create a character it either won't let me or my client crashes. I know I have asked this once or twice, but I was just wondering what your opinions would be to fix this if there even is a way at this time.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:44 PM
michaelbartman
Fire Beetle

Read 2 post up:

"you still can't create new characters"

Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppen View Post
IMO, I think we should focus on getting all the features supported concerning titanium and the expansions it provides before jumping to a new client that provides what 2 or 3 expansions after depths of darkhallow.. and peq is currently on planes of power release. I would wait. New anniversary editions are always being released, and you could always support a new edition. But its seems stupid to start supporting every anniversary edition that pops up, when they are only supporting a few new expansions. We loose more than we gain. The amount of time wasted on getting the new anniversary client to work (and im talking all opcodes, aa's, etc) could be better spent getting titanium as close to 100% supported first. Whats missing from titanium currently well.. in short alot. Heres just a few to name:
----
LDON System
Tasks (referring to quest tasks)
Bandoliers
Leadership Exp Panel
Shrouds
DoN Missions
.... and probably alot more
----

Titanum supports enough of expansions to keep the community busy for awhile. Ofcourse there are probably several people who doubt my thoughts, but you will be just wasting time if you start support for another anniversary client. Focus on the one at hand (Titanium). We can always upgrade to a new client after we get all the expansions supported by Titanium supported by EQEmulator.

my little rant for the year...

/rant off
I really agree with this. I really, do.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-11-2007, 09:15 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
What I have been trying (and sometimes it even works!) is if I get an unhandled OpCode in a particular function (like OP_AdventureRequest for a recent example), I would open my patch_Titanium.conf file, find that OP entry, and change the 0x0000 to what my zone log showed was invalid. In this case, 0x43fd. Now, magically, when I click the Request Advenure button in the client I no longer get invalid opcodes and the server/client respond properly. This only works, of course, if there is code to handle the OpCode in question (I believe...) so if it's some completely new functionality, yeah it won't work.

Not sure where they got the opcodes for Anniversary Edition already, unless it is a mere copy of another one and they plan to change it as things show up invalid? But you might start there, CC... Find this "OP_CharacterCreate=" in your patch_Anniversary.conf (currently appears to be 0x0000 or "off"), change the code to matche what is being thrown in your logs as invalid.

I could be totally talking out my ass, and I am sure there are TONS more to compatibility than this, but it's something you can play with in the meantime to keep you out of trouble. If I had AE, I would help troubleshoot it. I'd love to start using a new client.
Any chance you could post the opcodes you "found" that way? I'd love to play with that too on my development server and it would certainly save me some steps.
Jest 4 Server
Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Long ago, I found one having to do with AA's by trial and error. I hadn't messed with it much til starting the LDoN work, which the above Opcode is all I have discovered so far. Since I do not understand how to read packet data, if the server doesn't throw an error that the opcode was 'wrong' for a certain action, I cannot magically fix it by using the right opcode (which was this case; was 0x0000, the server wanted 0x43fd, so I just had to tell titanium.conf to use that instead of 0.

It's not complicated what I do. I wish I could read and understand packet data.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Sirhottie
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbartman View Post
Read 2 post up:

"you still can't create new characters"

Lol, thanks.. I guess I didn't see that..
Old 08-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Sirhottie
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw View Post
UPDATE: (Bah no edit post button. So sorry.)

I got the 1025 EQEmu update and I can zone in with AE and such so I guess progress on the packets is ratcheting along. The player models are all wrong, you still can't create new characters, and the scaling of some of the game objects is weird, among a bunch of other things. But en-heartening progress though.
So does this mean i could log onto a friends account and log in without my client crashing???
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

No AE is still flaky even with the newest version v1029.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:56 AM
uncommon
Sarnak

As we can zone in now, i found some new zones. Bellow are the IDs, names and a "safe spot" around the zone. Never seens these zones on live so it's certainly not the zone-in or what but it will allow you to run around just to see how they look like.
Code:
PoR i guess

ID	Name                                            X	Y	Z

369 : arcstone 						0 	0 	550
370 : relic 						0 	0 	-250
371 : skylance 						0 	0 	0
372 : the devastation 					650 	650 	0
373 : the seething wall 				160 	160 	30
374 : sverag, stronghold of rage 			500 	120 	0
375 : razorthorn, tower of sullon zek			0 	0 	0
376 : ruins of takish-hiz				500	0 	50
377 : the root of ro					0	0	0
378 : the elddar forest					0	0	220
379 : tunare's shrine					0	0	0
380 : theater of blood					1000	1000	350
381 : deathknell, tower of dissonance			0	0	-500 & 0	0 	-630
382 : east freeport (ugly revamped version)		0	0	10
383 : west freeport					0	0	-60
384 : freeport sewers					0	0	-30
385 : academy of arcane science	(uh, freeport ?)	0	200	0
386 : temple of marr (ok that one looks cool)		0	0	10
387 : freeport militia house (... looks useless)	-10	-30	-30
388 : arena ( ?)					0	0	0
389 : city hall	(part of freeport ?)			0	0	0
390 : theater						0	0	0
391 : hall of truth					-300 	1060	-130
392 : north ro						?	?	?
393 : south ro						-300	300	0

TSS it seems

394 : crescent reach					0	0	0
395 : blightfire moors					-200	-10	80
396 : stone hive					0	0	-50
397 : goru`kar mesa					0	0	0
398 : blackfeather roost				0	0	-40
399 : the steppes					300	0	130
400 : icefall glacier					300	50	80
401 : valdeholm						300	50	0
402 : frostrypt, throne of the shade king		0	0	0
403 : sunderock springs					0	0	300
404 : vergalid mines					0	0	0
405 : direwind cliffs					0	0	0
406 : Ashengate, reliquary of the scale			0	0	0
407 : Highpass hold (omg :/)				-90	-80	-20
408 : Commonlands (... )				0	0	20
409 : Revamped OoT it seems, but crash on zone in	
410 : Kithicor wtf, crash too				
411 : Befallen ?!, crash too
412 : Highkeep revamped i guess, crash too
413 : Innothule swamp ?!, crash..
414 : Toxxulia, revamped 				0	0	70	
415 : Misty thicket ?!, crash.....

TBS looks so

416 : Katta Castrum					0	0	-100
417 : thalassius, the coral keep			0	0	20
418 : jewel of atiiki					0	0	-100	
419 : Zhisza, the shissar sanctuary (cool, shissar!!)	600	600	300
420 : Silyssar, new chelsith				0	0	0
421 : solteris, the throne of ro			0	0	0
422 : barren coast					0	0	20
423 : the buried sea					500	500	350
424 : jardel's hook					?	?	?
425 : Monkey rock					?	?	?
426 : suncrest isle					?	?	?
427 : Deadbone reef					?	?	?
Then i had to go, i'll look for the next one later.
Some of these zones looks really cool, especially number 381, best looking zone i've seen since ntov.
As for the zone crashing on zone-in. EQ logs says it can't find the zone files so i guess soe reserved these IDs for future revamp ? Btw to me freeport revamp is horrible... i can't get why they did so many zones just for ONE city, some looks cool, but some looks really useless (militia house for example).
Later i'll try to get the missing zones and make a clean sql of these.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:44 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Nice thank you.

I did like the new Freeport harbor and main gate, much more EQ2-ish and less Duke Nukem-y, but yes, a bunch of the town is a little haphazard. I also like the Desert of Ro re-do as well.

I wished they wouldn't have wasted their time on buffing such an old game though, I feel the effort would have better been spent rolled into a new game. Sort of an 'EQ the early days' much like EQ for the PS2 was.