Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

I started playing on this server a week ago and I am having a blast. There are still some issues but as far as stability goes it is great, i play 2 charachters and I went linkdead maybe 4 times in about 25 hours of play. people bagging thier gear sucks, but there are still chances to find geared people to pk. Also the spawns of named as far as I can tell are actually fairly accurate making it semi difficult but not overly difficult to get the items you actually want, between camping and item and pvping, this makes it interesting because once you ding lvl 50 you still have lots to do in terms of farming gear.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Slipx
Fire Beetle

so you have to pay to play here?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Leodextrin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipx View Post
nominated for idiot post of the day

^^
Old 02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipx View Post
I Second that.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:37 AM
Terosis
Fire Beetle

Default Amazing Server

I started on this server two months ago, and it has been an absoulte blast. When I initially heard about it, I was excited at the thought of the origional game we all loved. Ever since the origional EQ, no other mmo has really matched up.

On this server, everything from leveling your char, camping guise in guk, group pvp, to raiding Fear, Hate, and now Sky... it's awesome. A decent amount of GM events including pvp tournaments has also added some extra fun into the experience.

My thanks are to Daxum and all of the guides/gm's helping to make such a dream for a classic server become a reality for an old EQ fanatic.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:51 PM
TheLieka
Developer

We're glad that you guys are enjoying it.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 03-25-2008, 05:33 AM
Drizztwbcr
Fire Beetle

Default Question...

I feel like I might win the idiot title for the day for this question....but I cannot seem to find the server on the server list. I followed all the steps on the Play Guide, and on the PwnedEmu.com (server is up according to that website) but I do not see it on the server list. If anyone could help me that would be great!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Drizztwbcr
Fire Beetle

Default ha

FIgured it out
Old 03-26-2008, 06:12 PM
TheLieka
Developer

We just completed an upgrade on the server and dataline:

Server:
  • 2 x 2.4 ghz Xeon Processors
  • 6 gb DDR2 RAM (Utilizing PAE - so we get to use all of it )
  • 2 x 33.6gb 15,000 rpm SCSI drives in RAID 1 (System)
  • 4 x 33.6gb 10,000 rpm SCSI drives in RAID 5 (Data/Database)

Dataline:
Verizon FIOS:

Yeah... I know.

Anyway, enjoy the new beast. Happy hunting.

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
saeggo
Fire Beetle

Left my Titanium disc 1 in my fiance's computer. I'll have to get it tomorrow some time. Only ever tried EQ PvP once, but the thought of having classic + Kunark/Velious is just... yes.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Fjolvar
Fire Beetle

You just convinced me to go buy EQ again. This server sounds perfect even though I'm not entirely crazy about Luclin, I'm glad you guys didn't add PoP! One question though, I read on the website that it said it's no longer divided up by races, instead by guilds... is this true??
Old 04-05-2008, 04:32 AM
TheLieka
Developer

The server's scope has changed a lot since the original post, but I know that there are a lot of pages to this post now - and several of the updates got lost somewhere in the middle.

We scoped back to Old World only back in September or so. Since then, we've meticulously revamped and released Cazic-Thule (the zone), Plane of Fear, Plane of Hate, and Plane of Sky to their original glories.

We're currently working on Kunark, and it will be released as soon as we've got it refined to our standards, and ready to go. Check out our forums for updated changes at: http://www.pwnedemu.com.

Thanks,
Dax

Old 04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Slipx
Fire Beetle

can't login. when I click your server in the list, nothing happens, not even a load screen.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 PM
TheLieka
Developer

PM me your IP address and I'll see if we have it banned.

Dax

Old 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Taenayr
Fire Beetle

Nothing but good things being on this server. I'd highly recommend it to people wanting a true classic experience.