Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:36 PM
NeroMorte
Fire Beetle

Default EQEMU as Windows Service

Hello I use to have this program that would allow you to let a EQEMU Server run as windows Service but i have seemed to miss placed it.

Does anyone happen to have the program or know of a way to get Server to run in Windows Service.

I tried with "srvany.exe" don't seem to want to load world or eqlaunch.

P.S. the Program was on a Googlecode page if i remember right but i just don't remember it's name.

Thanks,
Morte
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
NeroMorte
Fire Beetle

I Finally Found this awhile back for anyone else have problems with this.

it's Archived on these forms this should be made into a sticky for "Support::Windows Servers." it works great.

just make sure you follow step by step

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7833

I Shorten it alittle & hopefully made it a tad easyer for people.

INSTALLING AS A SERVICES:

1.) You will need INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE. You can get them here.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17657

2.) Now lets open Windows Dos Prompt. Goto Start > Run > CMD

3.) Your going to need to Paste the following Pasting & Copying little Different in Dos. Once you have it copied

from Post goto the Black window (Dos Prompt), Right click > Paste & Now you can just Press Enter. Do this for Each

one below if you want to beable to have 5 different Zones in game open at once.

Whats in Red is what the Windows Service Name will be called you can Rename them just make sure you rename them

inside your Registry Inserts also.

Code:
"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "PEQTGC World Server" 

"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe"
Code:
"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "PEQTGC Zone_1 Server" 

Code:
"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "PEQTGC Zone_2 Server" 

Code:
"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "PEQTGC Zone_3 Server" 

Code:
"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "PEQTGC Zone_4 Server" 

Code:
"%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "PEQTGC Zone_5 Server" 

If you do not have 64bit Operating System make sure you remove " (x86)" Above. So it should look like ""%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\.......etc"

EDITING AND CREATING THE PARAMETERS OF THE SERVICES:

4.) When you are done with "installing your Services", open your favortie Text Editor.

Paste This into your Text editor, Make sure whats in ORANGE is Correct Location for Server Make sure to use Double

"\\"

Then double Click it to insert into Registry. Whats in Yellow Below MUST match Above Service Names in RED.

Save AS "World.reg"
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEQTGC World Server\Parameters]
"Application"="C:\\EQEmu\\world.exe"
"AppDirectory"="C:\\EQEmu\\"

Paste This into your Text editor, Make sure whats in ORANGE is Correct Location for Server Make sure to use Double

"\\"

Then double Click it to insert into Registry. Whats in Yellow Below MUST match Above Service Names in RED.

--- HOW TO FIND YOUR LOCAL, EXTERNAL IPs ---
Below in RED "YOUR External IP Address" you can goto http://www.whatismyip.com/ to find this out.

Below in RED "YOUR Local IP Address"

Goto Start > Run CMD

Now Type in "ipconfig" into Dos Prompt.

Look for "Local Area Connection" Section, Inside there you will see IPv4 or IPv6 at the end of .......: is your

Local IP Usally starts like "192.168.1" or "192.168.0" or "10.0.0".
---

Save AS "zones.reg"
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEQTGC Zone_1 Server\Parameters]
"Application"="C:\\EQEmu\\zone.exe . EXTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS YOUR External IP 

Address INTERNAL_IP_ADDRESS YOUR Local IP Address"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEQTGC Zone_2 Server\Parameters]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEQTGC Zone_3 Server\Parameters]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEQTGC Zone_4 Server\Parameters]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEQTGC Zone_5 Server\Parameters]

Not Sure if this will help people or Confuse them more but this is what i did to get mine working. if you have

problems Post on here i'll do my best to help you out.

P.S. if you do not have 64bit Operating System make sure you remove " (x86)" Above.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I gotta ask... why?
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Might find a use for this and its always good to share stuff like this, if as you say it became lost to the achieve pages.
Just wish people would stop using yellow as a color but thats only because I default style skin so yellow is damn hard to ready and I'm lazy.

Hmm as for why, it would be ugly and not as efficient as any linux flavor os but would allow for a level of automation of the server for windows users but to fully utilize it would require more work then the average user will want to do or be able to figure out.