Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:19 AM
zutfen
Fire Beetle

Default Aegis Server - now with 100% more bots

The Aegis server is a legit PEQ based server.
We've been up and running for several weeks now, with a dedicated box, no downtime except for the unforeseen.

#Bot support is in, and working pretty well; of course it's always going to be a work in progress... but ask our players, it's pretty fun!

Not looking to be the best or most popular, just looking to provide a fun place for people to play! We're a handful of hobbyist GMs, doing our best to keep things running well.

Thanks to all of you whose hard work has made this EQemu fun possible!

- Zutfen
Server OP
Aegis Server
Visit our Forums
Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

any custom junk?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:07 AM
zutfen
Fire Beetle

Nothing is customized; we wanted a live-like experience.
Also, bots are currently disabled in favor of all the new improvements in the newer releases of EQemu.

Several people here on the forums are looking at the code for bots, and when something stable surfaces, Bots will be back.

- Zutfen
Server OP
Aegis Server
Visit our Forums
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 AM
zutfen
Fire Beetle

Default Bots are back!

Bots are back on Aegis!

Thanks to congdar and a_troll_01! I was trying to muck my way through the source and make tweaks / fixes, but thankfully some more skilled coders than myself beat me to all the work!

Thanks for your hard work guys, this is great!

- Zutfen
Server OP
Aegis Server
Visit our Forums
Old 02-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Telltolin
Sarnak

I really like this server. It seems to be down right now, but I can try out some other servers in the meantime.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Terethian
Sarnak

Smile Awesome Server

The bots work great and I am HOOKED on this server! The bots work fairly well and equip / keep gear it's real sweet.

Got my old buddy playing with me and we started a guild up called Raiders of Norrath. We are both making toons and keeping them level 52 to do naggy and vox raids... if anyone would like in on it let me know on the server.

- Drunkenlizard the iksar monk
Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terethian View Post
The bots work great and I am HOOKED on this server! The bots work fairly well and equip / keep gear it's real sweet.

Got my old buddy playing with me and we started a guild up called Raiders of Norrath. We are both making toons and keeping them level 52 to do naggy and vox raids... if anyone would like in on it let me know on the server.

- Drunkenlizard the iksar monk
Umm what exactly is a bot? Is it the same type of bot i would see inn unreal tournament? And how do they work?

-SexMachine Prototype
-Oneeye Willie

of Gnomish Proving Grounds
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default a bot

in terms of eq bots, they are an npc a player is allowed to create and have in ones own group. you can issue simple commands like attack and sit. if they have spells and buffs they can cast them adlib depending on what is going on.
they also level up at the same rate you do.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Default thats cool

may make a character on your server thats cool
Old 09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
zutfen
Fire Beetle

The bots are in no way unique to my server. This is probably obvious, but I just wanted to be sure that I throw that out there.

Congdar and several others have made life a lot easier on myself and others that were working to improve the bot code. So my thanks goes to those folks that are more talented than myself at such things.

So anyway, the server is set up for faster-than-live experience, with a group bonus experience that is even better, to encourage grouping. The rate of EXP is faster than live, but not to a silly degree. It's fast enough that you feel like you're accomplishing something, without giving you a level every 15 minutes or whatnot.

The server has a new set of forums located @ http://aegisdcaelestis.org so feel free to stop by and ask questions etc!

Zutfen
Server Op
Aegis Server