Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Eponin
Fire Beetle

Default Question about server economies

I have tried a couple of servers in the last few days and I've found out that those that offer a 4x or 5x experience bonus and epic weapons at the beginning do not fit my playstyle. I was considering playing on PEQ or P99 but before I do I would like to know how the economy works in them.
When I played EQ (Left around the LDoN beginning), as a new player I would gather tradeskills items like silks, morning dew, etc and sell in bazaar to tradeskillers for money for my spells and armor. Is the economy on these servers strong enough to allow someone starting from 0?
Also, when I left it was in frustration because all the wait it took to spawn one mob for a quest (2 weeks waiting for Raster for the monk epic). Are spawn or drop times improved over old EQ, or should I expect the same on theese servers?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Unfortunately, I have to say that PEQ and P99 are the only servers with any REAL economy to speak off.
And when it comes to trade skills, P99 really comes forward, cause there is huge demand for crafted items.
Of course playing on P99 is a whole different beast - its original hard core game difficulty.

in term of playing, The Hidden Forest, gives you more or less easy start, but difficulty quickly picks up after lev 30. The XP modifier is above normal, but way below that 4x or anything like that =)
Most of quests and drops are tuned around that each players can outfit himself. Make take a bit longer, than in group, but no, you won't be camping a single drop for 2 weeks =)

Storm Heaven is another nice server to try out.