Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:15 AM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Default Extended Target Window Populating

I did a quick search and couldn't find any mention to this specific problem.

6 Clients, all with the Extended Target Window open and all in the same group. On live when one of the clients gets agro, the XT window for everyone in the group is updated as well. I've noticed on EMU the mob(s) only show in the XT window when that client is on the mobs hatelist. So the warrior and dps could have mobs on the list, but the cleric who hasn't healed yet and maybe an enchanter have empty lists.

Any way to have the lists populate for the whole group, or even whole raid? Or is this something buried down in the emu codebase?

Oh, and a quick note; I'm using the RoF2 client.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:21 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Yep. This isn't really a simple thing to fix.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:53 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Yep. This isn't really a simple thing to fix.
I only know enough c++ to get myself into trouble, and i'm sure if it was this easy it would have been implemented already, but could we just call SendXTargetPacket similar to how SendHPPacketsTo works in the groups.cpp file?

Wish I had a better understanding, i'd help by doing a snippet update, but alas.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:11 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

What about when to remove the NPC from the xtargets window?

There is extra state that needs to be kept track of :P
Old 06-01-2016, 01:22 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Yea, believe there is a function for that already. Forget where, might have been combat.cpp. Anyway, like I said pretty green when it comes to writing c++. Know enough to follow the logic of something already written, not enough to write up something myself.

I did figure before mentioning the above that if it was that easy it would have probably been done already. Still wanted to at least toss it up there for discussion.

Thanks for the replies none-the-less. At least I know it's just a missing feature and not something bugged on the RoF2 client or something.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:49 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

You misunderstood my point, we have extra state that needs to be kept track of for removals. (who's responsibility depends on raid, group, or solo setting)