Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I may have spoke too soon, the problem can be narrowed down some; I noticed when I played a higher level, then things seemed to generally work right - the higher cons were harder.
What's happening to me is, when the character is new, his hp is low and so are the mobs, I'm thinking levels around 1-10 (higher the level, more HP , and the problem lessens.
The lower levels hp regen is so fast, it knocks things out of whack. Character:HPRegenMultiplier has a big effect on this (low level stuff). I lowered Character:HPRegenMultiplier to 50 and it works a little better.
at high levels Character:HPRegenMultiplier works as intended, but low levels, its like having a real good regen item on. Character: HPRegenMultiplier must regen same rate/amount at any level. This really is of no interest to anyone whos driving for big number levels. but if you are trying to make a game with the old zones and the first levels, it becomes a big problem. Maybe theres a way to have Character:HPRegenMultiplier's regen rate raise with the character level?
Anyway, if you regening HP at a fast rate and are at a low level, then the yellow/red mobs are very easy to kill.
I dreamed this up (combined with the lowered HpRegenMultiplier);
Code:
## Global Npc PL
## Angelox

sub EVENT_ATTACK{   ## This is an attempt to balance starting level fights
my $aa=$ulevel;     ## The higher the level(up to 6), bigger dd spell hits you
my $a=$ulevel+1;
my $b=$a+1;
my $c=$b+1;
my $d=$c+1;
my $e=$d+1;
my $f=$e+1;
if ($mlevel == $aa){$npc->CastSpell(376,$userid);}
elsif ($mlevel == $a){$npc->CastSpell(123,$userid);}
elsif ($mlevel == $b){$npc->CastSpell(123,$userid);}
elsif ($mlevel == $c){$npc->CastSpell(477,$userid);}
elsif ($mlevel == $d){$npc->CastSpell(445,$userid);}
elsif ($mlevel == $e){$npc->CastSpell(445,$userid);}
elsif ($mlevel >= $f){$npc->CastSpell(445,$userid);}}
Basically insures your gonna have a hard time with a yellow or a red - two yellows will probably kill you.
what it does is check your level and hit you with DD accordingly. If you are high level, you won't even notice, this because they are low HP DDs.
I'm testing, but thing is, in order to truly test something like this, you have to start a new character and play with what he has (un-twinked). Most players don't do this, so you have to test for your self.
the 445 spell is probably too harsh for a low level (100+hp) , the script just and idea i have and it seems to work alright.
Keep in mind, I'm working with the low level characters ATM, things might be different with higher ones