Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:47 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Default application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

When I try to start my server now I keep getting “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)” several times. I did a search on the problem and I found that it seems to be a case where a 32-bit app tried to load a 64-bit DLL. Are there any other causes for this problem? How do I narrow down where I went wrong?
I am using Windows 7 x64, ActivePerl-5.12.3.1204-MSWin32-x86-294330, mysql-5.1.73-winx64 and VS 2017 Community Edition. I am using the x86 dependencies or so they were labeled. I was able to configure cmake and compile with no errors.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Default Fixed?

I ran into this issue/error trying to start the client, not the server; so your mileage may vary. This error code may be generic for a slew of .dll issues but I'm not totally sure.

I know this is a bit of an older thread but perhaps if anyone else lands up here with this problem this might be your manual solution...I suddenly ran into this issue today. I fixed it by dumb luck and I have no idea how it even got broken.

If you're running a 64 bit OS (Windows 10 for me) you should have a folder in your main Windows folder called SysWOW64. Go online and download the 'd3dx9_30.dll' file. it's free off of the dll-files site. Make sure you grab the 32 bit version and NOT the 64 bit version. I know, right? Makes no sense. Drop that file in the SysWOW64 folder and your problem should go away for the client issue. I actually tried using the 64 bit .dll and still had the same problem. I have no idea what compelled me to try the 32 bit version especially in a 64 bit named folder.

If you are not running Windows 10 without that folder, try dumping the .dll in your 'system32' folder. Just an idea but I can't confirm that this method works.

If you can't see some of these folders; you may have to goto your system folder options and check the 'unhide' option. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:25 PM
Uleat
Developer

https://www.howtogeek.com/326509/wha...rs-in-windows/

In regards to the 32-bit directx dll, Microsoft still offers the download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-19-2020, 08:47 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

One will also find that file in a Directx 9.0c installation.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:08 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
One will also find that file in a Directx 9.0c installation.
...or that. Someone else posted installing the VS Studio C++ 2012 Redistributable and that would fix it; but that was no bueno for me.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:29 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
...or that. Someone else posted installing the VS Studio C++ 2012 Redistributable and that would fix it; but that was no bueno for me.
In all my years of running an eq client, all I've ever done was install that DX 9.0c (as it was required), and the client always functioned as it was suppose to. I've never used win 10 though. I still use 7-64.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:38 PM
Uleat
Developer

There are a few links out for the download.

I tried a couple and they failed due to the installer not recognizing windows 10.

The link I posted above 'should' be the one that does recognize windows 10.

Compilin' Dirty