Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 PM
utbbop
Sarnak

Default Server Backup and General Newbie Thread

Hi All,
New to the server creation community, hoping for some guidance.

I am running Akka's Repack and using the EOC.
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...epack&frm=Main

I dont think the two are necessarily related but figured this would be an ok area for me to post my question. if it needs moved, my appologies.

I have a couple questions related to how this all works.

Let me preface all this by stating that I generally understand the basics of server creation and world building but have a hard time with the "Server" specifics and HeidiSQL stuff. I am currently developing a fully custom server, to be titled "PlanarQuest", and have managed to put together the following:

- Populated "Hub" Zone with Quest NPC(working quests), Buff NPC, Corpse Summon and Rez NPC.
- 10 Identified and Partially Populated Tier Zones for Leveling and Gearing up.
- 5 Identified Raid Tiers
- Fully Itemized and Balanced Tier 1
- Nearly 1000's Custom Items Made
- Customized Server Rules and Variables (exp, zone loc's, skills, etc)
- 30 Custom Spells

Now, for where I am struggling/concerned:

- Server Backup
Navigated to C Drive -> EQ - AKKA'S PEQ REPACK -> EQEMU SERVER -> t_backup_server_database.bat. This produces a 0 byte peq<date>.sql file. I don't know what to do with this file ICE and I also feel like 0 Bytes is a red flag.

- Server Updates
How do I know what Database version I am running? and do I need to worry about anything in regards to what version PEQ DB Editor Tool I use when editing NPCs and whatnot. It appears like the only difference between v421 and v460 for me is that v460 wont generate a spell file for me, it errors out. Does my DB auto update somehow and it happens behind the scenes?

- Server Upkeep and Performance
I am probably far off from having to worry about this but what do I need to consider with running a server? Aside from general electricity cost and home PC upgrades I may need, what other things do i need to consider? Do I have hosting options available to me? (Perhaps a company where I provide them my files or something and they host them and run the server, if that sort of thing exists).

Appreciate anyone who can spare the time for some feedback and/or insight into these items for me. I did do some searching but having a hard time finding some current results.

Thanks all,