Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:06 PM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

Default Alternate Everquest (AEQ)

Alternate Everquest (AEQ) is a custom server based on the original MMORPG Everquest, up to and including the Omens of War expansion. The project is dedicated to revitalizing that first-time time playing experience for both new and former Everquest loyalists. The journey reveals many familiarities combined with unique differences.

Unique Storyline
Many of the gods of Norrath have vanished and the mortal races seek alternate ways to protect themselves from the hate of others.

Contents & Features
Custom storyline
Content never before seen
New quests
New character AA options
Revised/new spell lists
Unique class/race combinations
Some new tradeskill recipes
All new epic weapons (coming soon)

AEQ offers a refreshed game experience with a focus on establishing a mature & fun-loving player community. The game will be presented as free-to-play, with a 2-box limit. The initial launch will be in December 2018 and futures releases are planned. The player-support and technical staff donate their skills and time because of their passion for the game, and to prolong the untold value of this type of player community.

AEQ is currently playable, but still under development. We invite you to join us in-game, our Discord is at https://discord.gg/BBreAqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imD...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-03-2018, 04:02 PM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

discord link not working btw
Old 10-03-2018, 04:07 PM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Interesting. Might have to see if I can drag a person or two here. With the 2-box limit, is the server going to be oriented towards requiring 2+ people to do progression (besides actual raid bosses)
Old 10-03-2018, 04:57 PM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tako_EQ View Post
discord link not working btw
updated my friend
Old 10-03-2018, 05:00 PM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
Interesting. Might have to see if I can drag a person or two here. With the 2-box limit, is the server going to be oriented towards requiring 2+ people to do progression (besides actual raid bosses)

We have several 6 man single group targets already made
Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Shadowclan
Fire Beetle

I have been playing and testing much of the unique content and enjoying solving unique quests that cannot be looked up on the internet ... at least yet ...

This is revived many fond memories when I first started playing EQ during Kunark ... seeing things for the first time and experimenting with gear combinations. I would recommend checking AEQ out !!!

Demodread
Old 11-13-2018, 10:42 PM
ninjajobae
Fire Beetle

This is a great laid back server.The GM's are active and attentive.The server is still in beta atm but, there is plenty of content to get started on before launch.This will be a excellent server in the long run. Thanks Eld&team
Old 11-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Server is dope.

Eldarian is cool as hell.

I'll get back to playing eventually.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:28 AM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

Thank you Everyone for the warm Feedback.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:24 AM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

many updated have been including aa's being unlocked come join the fun!
Old 01-21-2019, 07:15 PM
JarL05
Fire Beetle

Default Fair Warning

I was banned about a week ago from this server for telling the main dev that he needed to stop threatening players with repercussions when they were testing his content.

I won't get into specifics, but I alone tested nearly all of his end game content and relentlessly provided feedback for him. However, any time a buggy situation was found he would blame the players and threaten to ban them. I was ultimately banned while being the sole group testing his newest zone and, after being threatened, was banned for simply telling him he needed to handle community issues better instead of resorting to threats.

I won't even go in depth into previous issues where the main dev intentionally interfered with players on group encounters and attempted to wipe them.

If you are looking for an unstable server, with buggy pathing, buggy boss scripts, buggy spawns, and buggy AA's/spells/skills then look no further. Oh, and no raids work because 11+ players in one zone causes 2000+ ping for everyone.

The real kicker... the head dev is addicted to Xanax (and not at a recreational level). Many players stopped using the server discord due to this. He had a habit of coming on the server Discord late at night and jumping into various groups voice chats after taking 3mg of Xanax and drinking alcohol. Multiple players warned him against this and that he was risking his life by taking large doses AND drinking alcohol.

Just check out p2002 forums and look up Vegeta/Eldarian. He is same guy that threads devoted to his slimy ways.

Lastly, he has gone through 4-5 waves of players. There is a reason that nearly every wave has played for a few weeks and then disappeared. He alone has chased off half of the most recent player base with the drug use and bad programming. Such as implementing expensive AA's that don't work correctly then refusing to refund the player who grinded it out, tested it, and found it to be useless.

Be warned. And I hope the EQ Emu staff reads and strongly considers this if and when they ever consider it for "Preferred" status.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:27 PM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

Sounds like a series of personal attacks here. You were removed because I asked you not to do something and you in turned threaten me in turn. No one needs to be in that kind of environment. The collective community enjoys the game and Server you did not. Nothing we spoke about to try to improve the server seem to cater to your needs. So Clearly this was not the server for you. I am hoping you find what makes you happy but it is not here. My advice is dont go from server to server making threats to the server leadership when they dont do what you like. If everyone else is enjoying themselves and you arent (see feedback above) then the problem must be related to you and you alone.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:32 PM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

zerjz that you?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:40 PM
jmunkx
Fire Beetle

Default One of the best emu servers i have played on

I discovered this server in early December, and have been having a blast ever since. There is a ton of well thought out custom quests that have been discovered (and who knows how many that havent?!), some custom race/class combos that are quite fun actually. The changes to Pal/SK are great too IMO, paladins are no longer super boring like they have been in the past. Eldarian is an awesome server admin, if he is available he will do what he can to help with any issues you have, the other devs/gms that i have run in to have been great also. Long story short, if you are curious, give the server a shot, if you dont like the crazy overpowered give everything to you on a silver platter servers, I guarantee you will like it here.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:48 PM
Dread-king
Fire Beetle

jarl im not sure what you are talking about....

Ive personally had an amazing experience on AEQ. The devs and Gms are always helpful and reachable if assistance is needed. All the custom stuff they have put in is amazing not to mention when you do find something that is bugged or not working it is handled within the week if not the same day and is fixed.

You are clearly one of very few to have a bad experience with the server so theres no need to drag peoples server/names through the mud for getting banned for doing something you shouldnt have been doing. PEACE