Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-19-2020, 12:54 PM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Default Correct Config Files???

Good Day all!!

I am running a standalone (offline) server I use on travel when I have no internet. I reciently went into a zone that I have never been to before and found that it is not there. Neriak Forest is missing lol. When I travel there from either enterence its all black... and mobs are falling from the sky only to be removed when they reach a distance too far below the surface of the world and then respawn and fall again.

I have read of this happening in other zones (I have heard of it happening in Misty Thicket and the Commons). It might be happening beause the wrong map file is being looked for as some zones were revamped, yet misty and the commons were two of those zones and they load fine.

I uninstalled and removed my EQ Titanium edition and it didnt help.

Are my ports set corretly in my login.json file?? I know Titanium is 5998. is the database peq port suposed to match that?? its set to 3306 right now.

p.s. (passwords are kept default since its local only access).

{
"account" : {
"auto_create_accounts" : true
},
"client_configuration" : {
"sod_opcodes" : "login_opcodes_sod.conf",
"sod_port" : 5999,
"titanium_opcodes" : "login_opcodes.conf",
"titanium_port" : 5998
},
"database" : {
"db" : "peq",
"host" : "127.0.0.1",
"password" : "eqemu",
"port" : "3306",
"user" : "root"
},
"logging" : {
"dump_packets_in" : false,
"dump_packets_out" : false,
"trace" : false,
"world_trace" : false
},
"security" : {
"allow_password_login" : true,
"allow_token_login" : true,
"mode" : 14
},
"web_api" : {
"enabled" : true,
"port" : 6000
},
"worldservers" : {
"reject_duplicate_servers" : false,
"unregistered_allowed" : true
}
}
Old 10-22-2020, 12:06 AM
lymontyme
Sarnak

This might be a known issue in Titanium, I have had the same thing happen before. Try deleting nektulos.eqg (or moving it to a backup folder) and see if that fixes it.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:00 AM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Yeah I didnt know what file to delete or backup and try again... I did find that I am in the zone and the EQ Map showes me in the very top right corner of the zone, way outiside the map area. Im wondering if the zone isnt there, but im being zoned into the wrong area?

Yup... I confirmed it. I am zoned into the wrong area. WAY up to the NE is where im at, and slightly underground. I think the mobs are spawning a little under ground because I can see them falling too. After changing my screen settings a bit I can see the zone to the SW too. Trees, the zone wall (that I am on the wrong side of) and some mobs though most are falling.

Ive seen stuff for spawn "safe" points in a zone, and such. Im thinking maybe my game is using the wrong map? which im thinking would have the X-Y-Z coordinates all wrong/different from another map. Oh well. stinks but I cant play a DE Necro I guess.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:59 AM
lymontyme
Sarnak

Yeah that's a complicated question. As you probably know, there are two kinds of "maps" - the ones in your emulator directory, and the ones in your game directory. If you can't zone in at all, it's an issue with the emulator maps. If you can zone in but your in-game map says you're in the wrong location, then somehow there's a mismatch between the zone and your game maps. At that point I'd probably experiment, maybe replace the Titanium map with the one from the Rain of Fear client, or searching for user-made game maps. But I don't know what exactly would solve this problem.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:02 AM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

Yeah was just reading about that. I got an updated client someone made and am using it, thats why I can now see the zone to the SW of me... he has a pre-compiled server too im trying to download since he made them to work together, but google drive wont download it after its zipped lol
Old 10-31-2020, 12:11 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

You can access the old zones nektulos tox misty lavastorm by modifying a bunch of files on the server side. BUT unfortunatly old high pass is hard coded into the client side not the server side. There is currently no way to access that zone (aside from titanium) on the newer clients without changing the actual code for each client.

I currently use all the old zones on my server minus highpass. misty freeport ect aren't too hard to do. you just hafto change info in the DB. Its setup so when a client hits the zone line. The server checks what client is zoning and sends them to the appropriate zone. You can change that in the DB so ALL clients zone to the old zone ect. But to get them working properly some files need to be removed from the clients and add the old zone files if they are missing them.
Here is the fix Nektulos.

Nektulos.emt
nektulos.s3d
Nektulos_chr
Nektulos_chr.s3d
Nektulos_obj.s3d
Nektulos_obj1.eqg
Nektulos_soundbank.eff
Nektulos_sounds.eff

These are the only Nektulos files you need to have in your clients directory to get the zone to work correctly more or less. You still need to do some modifications in the PEQDB under Zone_points.

you need to change the x y z coords from ecommons neriaka and lavastorm and set the client_version_mask to 4294967295 for those 3 zones. Make sure you take out the second entry for each zone so it doesn't try and zone you to a ghost zone instead of the old. Also you need to go to the doors db to fix the pok book. The entry for nektulos is called POKNRKPORT500 remove the second entry with the same name as this

and change the first entrys x y z coords to right where the pok book is in the old nektulos and change the client_version_mask to 4294967295. Also the ingame map for nektulos is wrong you will hafto download the original map from http://www.mapfiend.net/map/nektulos/166 thats the correct map to use. Just delete the old map out of your clients maps folder and replace it with the one you download. If you do all this correctly then when you zone from any zone or use the pok book it will put you in the correct zone and your mob pathing will be fixed aswell. Make sure you click show all in heidisql so you see all the db entrys or it wont show the extra entrys for Zone_Points and Doors DB.

Here is a list to tell you which files need to be removed and added to get the other classic zones to work, Required for Classic zones to load. Remove all Misty_thicket files and Toxxulia files.
Only remove nektulos files and lavastorm files with the same name that aren't in this list.
Any zone files that you don't have in this list you need to get from Titanium and SOF/SOD clients in order for the classic zones to work.
I recommend getting the files through titanium first before getting the remaining files from other clients.

The other zones like freeport that don't need to have files removed you just need to change the zone point that the zone line sends you to in the DB. and change the client_version_mask to 4294967295 so all clients zone instead of specific Clients.

Lavastorm.s3d
Lavastorm_chr.txt
Lavastorm_chr.s3d
Lavastorm_obj.s3d
Lavastorm_sndbank.eff
Lavastorm_sounds.eff

Misty.s3d
Misty_chr.s3d
Misty_chr.txt
Misty_obj.s3d
Misty_sndbnk.eff
Misty_sounds.eff

Nektulos.emt
nektulos.s3d
Nektulos_chr.txt
Nektulos_chr.s3d
Nektulos_obj.s3d
Nektulos_obj1.eqg
Nektulos_soundbank.eff
Nektulos_sounds.eff

Tox.s3d
Tox.xmi
Tox_chr.txt
Tox_chr.s3d
Tox_obj.s3d
Tox_sndbnk.eff
Tox_sounds.eff

So this is an EDIT to give extra Info not in the above section.
I will list the zone_point ID followed by the correct target x y z and the target_zone_id and the target_heading on what they are suppose to be.
remember to change the client_version_mask for each line as well to 4294967295

ID 53 ecommons target_y -2686.3 target_x -636.8 target_z -17.78 target_heading 66.5 target_zone_id 25
ID 1,446 Nektulos target_y -2,064.8 target_x -174 target_z -15.3 target_heading 43.3 target_zone_d 27
ID 1,445 Nektulos Target_y 1,519.4 target_x 610.4 target_z -17.8 target_heading 115.4 target_zone_id 22
ID 1,444 Nektulos target_y 53 target_x 154 target_z 28 target_heading 130 target_zone_id 40
ID 415 neriaka target_2,268.55 target_x -1,107.57 target_z 3.75 target_heading 0 target_zone_id 25
ID 658 lavastorm target_y 3,073.7 target_x 277.8 target_z -15.7 target_heading 87 target_zone_id 25

As a big side note, Lavastorm classic is really messed up even after you correct the zone port ins.
You will end up having to manually correct every single creature spawn in the zone.
AND najena's zone line does not exist. So I made an NPC with race 127 which makes them invisible and placed them at where the zone line should be and gave them this custom npc quest that goes into your lavastorm quest folder with the NPC's name.

sub EVENT_SPAWN {
$x = $npc->GetX();
$y = $npc->GetY();
#Set proximity
quest::set_proximity($x - 100,$x + 10,$y - 20,$y + 20);

}

sub EVENT_ENTER{
quest::movepc(44,853.0,-5.4,3.8,62.9);

}

Which will in turn when you get close to the zone line it teleports you inside of najena which itself is perfectly fine.

The Zone point for najena should look as follows when your inside najena leaving it.

ID 889 najena target_y -1,007.6 target_x -996.63 target_z 16.4 target_heading 63.6 target_zone_id 27
Old 10-31-2020, 12:15 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

A lot of the problems you are having stem from the game essentially zoning you into the revamped version of that zone that simply doesn't exist in Titanium. But if you take your time and follow the above guide it will get it working for your server. Not just Neriak but misty tox and lavastorm.

Please make sure to read it through very thoroughly.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:46 PM
WingNutt
Fire Beetle

This is not going to be an easy fix for me lol. Ill have to get a weekend off and try to do some of these fixes!