Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-13-2008, 06:55 AM
seveianrex
Sarnak

Default Zone Spawn Variants

Hey,

Just wanted to make sure this wasn't already implemented obscurely, or that someone's not already half done this project.

I was thinking the other day, for instanced zones like IKKINZ from GoD, or Group/Raid MPG trials from OOW, there is going to be an issue because the spawns are completely unique yet the zone itself is the same. (There is no "ikkinza", "ikkinzb", etc.)

I was thinking about it, I don't believe there would be that much work involved in adding a column to one of the spawn tables that specifies which "variant" of the zone it is supposed to appear in. (I'm thinking spawngroup). Then, when the instance is being booted, the "zone variant" can be specified so that the proper mobs are loaded.

Would appreciate any feedback before I get started on this.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Check out the spawn_conditions table in the database. This allows easy switching between different versions of the same zones. The two that come to mind most readily are Sleeper's Tomb (1 for Warders and pre-awakening, 2 for Ancients) and Veeshan's Peak (switching between 1.0 and 2.0).
Old 10-13-2008, 08:31 PM
seveianrex
Sarnak

Ahh... cool! Thanx
Old 05-07-2020, 11:48 AM
So_1337
Dragon

It's nice to come back and find an answer to my question -- from myself no less -- 12 years after the fact. Thanks, past me. Present me is appreciative of this favor.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Stim0x
Fire Beetle

Present me is also appreciative, if only present me understood

Which field is it that I'm meant to edit to enable v1 sleeper's?

I've tried changing the values in the spawn_conditions table and spawn_condition_values, with no joy.

I've tried repopping the zone and the Ancients still spawn.

Is anyone able to assist with the exact instructions?
Old 07-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Stim0x
Fire Beetle

Editing as a clean solution is coming from So_1337

Last edited by Stim0x; 07-10-2020 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: Editing as a clean solution is coming from So_1337 :)
Old 10-04-2020, 08:19 PM
methodx
Fire Beetle

So after a bit of trial and error testing - to change the spawns in Veeshan's Peak from the revamped version that loads as default following install to the pre-revamp mobs and loot you do this;

In the spawn_condition_values table there are two entries with veeshan in the zone column

by default one will have an id of 1 and a value of 0
the other will have an id of 2 and a value of 1

to change to pre-revamp switch the values;

set the one with id of 1 to a value of 1
set the one with id of 2 to a value of 0

I hope this makes sense, I'm not sure why both entries need to be switched to get it to work. I just wanted to add this here as even though I don't fully understand why this works this thread comes up when doing a google search and there is no detailed solution/instructions to be found. If what I've written is wrong I hope someone can correct me but I've tested the above and it works.