Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:29 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

raise of hands if your having this issue on sod client ^
Old 05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Ryanmj2786
Fire Beetle

Titanium client here.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Durge
Sarnak

I have tried all of this and I still cannot connect...
Old 05-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Zaraax
Fire Beetle

Default same error

same issue, titanium client
Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Durge
Sarnak

I use the SoD client
Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Gallus85
Fire Beetle

It's still not working for me.

Im using steam UF client.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Tsuken
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuken View Post
I'm going to completely reinstall my computer this week or next weekend. I think it might be caused by a virus or spyware or something.
I have completely reinstalled my computer, including formatting my hardrive and reinstalling everything from scratch.

I haven't run into any connection problems anymore. I've only logged into Everquest a few times, so it's not 100% sure yet, but I'm pretty sure it works fine now.

It was probably a virus or spyware causing it for me.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:56 PM
colkilgore
Fire Beetle

Default FIX! A connection to the server could not be reached

Usually 90% of the time when you get this message you are being mislead, the real reason you can't connect to the server is because your video card has become obsolete and needs to be replaced with an upgrade. This happens 100% of the time after a major patch and/or everquest upgrade the reason being they no longer support the card, usually 3 to 5 years old cards. I hope this helps anyone scratching their heads try to figure out why they are online but can't connect. Every time it happens to me I upgrade my card and bam I'm back playing usually with much better graphics.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Switchfox
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilgore View Post
Usually 90% of the time when you get this message you are being mislead, the real reason you can't connect to the server is because your video card has become obsolete and needs to be replaced with an upgrade. This happens 100% of the time after a major patch and/or everquest upgrade the reason being they no longer support the card, usually 3 to 5 years old cards. I hope this helps anyone scratching their heads try to figure out why they are online but can't connect. Every time it happens to me I upgrade my card and bam I'm back playing usually with much better graphics.
My video card is rather new, Dont belive this has anything to do with it.
( I can also not seem to log in ) { check to see if you have internet or some odd message when clearly im online }
Old 10-01-2020, 01:35 PM
fievel
Fire Beetle

im having a connection issue too. just got a new motorola mg7540 and i guess they're having lots of problems with this. in case anyone comes across this kind of issue in the future you can call tech. support and they will help trouble shoot and in some cases give a discount for a new device.

currently waiting on an answer about if they're (motorola) gonna offer me a new setup