Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:20 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I think when the problem is fixed, then it is fixed. I would imagine the button would not even be clickable. Since it is Christmas I will not have much time to look into it until maybe 12/27 or so. Sorvani has inquired again in a different thread if anyone knows anything about a fix. I think Furniture edited his code to prevent it, so we will see where this goes. I am glad to know it is not a configuration problem though, it is everywhere.

I created a player on a high population server, a level 1 Iksar Monk and eagle struck a rat for 30 points of damage in The Mines of Gloomingdeep. I found proof of this bug dating back to December 2012 on other forums, so it is a longstanding bug that I would bet a lot of players know about.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM
FindingKarma
Fire Beetle

Default Enjoying myself again

I've recently been playing live the past few months. Four boxed to level 76 in about a month. Started a new Shadow Knight and Shaman and attempted to eschew defiant gear and hotzones. Unfortunately I still got them great weapons and even while attempting to quest (still no hotzones) and not focused on leveling hit 40 in about a week.

About a week ago I decided I was tired of blowing past the majority of the game. I knew of Eqemu but otherwise this has been a slightly confusing learning experience. As of a couple days ago I'd tried 5 servers here. I can see benefit of choosing any server but I'm making my home on Dragons of Mist (HC). It's the closest to class(p99) that I've found while allowing dual boxing and no corpse runs. I enjoyed P99 and was hoping to stay there but unfortunately after dieing and realizing I had to track down my bags/pp and weapons. I realized I didn't want to spend that much time chasing down my gear after every death.

I certainly don't plan on dieing a lot but with low level (proper) gear and a low exp rate I've died more times on one character than the sum of my 12 in live. At the same time I'm having a blast. It feels like I'm actually playing my character. I've hit level 10 on a gnome paladin and barbarian shaman. The gnome is working on tinkering only around 30 and the shaman is up to 40 smithing. Every new spell is a treat. On live I was leveling so fast I'd buy at least 6 levels worth of spells at a time. I probably never cast 75% of the spells I'd bought.

It's like old eq without the hassle. Or at least as I see it. Others will no doubt have differing views and that's great. We play what we enjoy.

If anyone is interested in grouping I"ll be very happy to log my box out and focus on one character.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Thank you for the kind words and we are glad to have you as a player, see you on!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 PM
zeldik
Sarnak

Think Ill try it out!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:57 PM
provocating
Demi-God

We would be glad to have you.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Khokon
Fire Beetle

We're a small but stable community on DoM HC. Yes, getting those tradeskill drops that you dont know what to do with is annoying. But who cares? Come and join us!

BR,
Khokon
Old 06-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Khokon
Fire Beetle

Folks, DoM [HC] may seem deserted but it is not. When you look at
http://162.233.212.179/alla/ you can get a picture of the recent activities of the players. We're 3 active players, playing moderately casual.
If you'd like to play on a casual server, you like doing your own thing but have the option to help and get help from others, DoM HC may be your choice.

Best regards,
Khokon
Old 06-06-2014, 01:23 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yes, we may have a low population but we are very consistent and dedicated. I recently changed jobs so my time is a little more limited than in the past, at least until I get into the groove of things at work. I play almost every day, mostly at night, you can catch me for a few hours.

I will be the first one to hit level 60 on DOM [HC], and that should be tonight if things go well. I can tell you that the server is very doable, but it is not easy. I have to find unique strategies to survive since I do not dual box.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

You seem sincere, and I have no doubt you are telling the truth about your server.

But I can't see how anyone can get the Vex Thal key or do any planar progression or the later expansions with a two box crew. Heck those were raid events back in the day, so how do you guys do things like that? I can't see getting 20 or 30 chars for an event on an emu server, even it they are mostly boxed, and you are limiting it to two boxing right?

Just don't see how it is supposed to work for anything but exp'ing.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:35 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Maybe just different goals? Those encounters were designed for large groups of players. Some servers do allow people to even box up to 4 groups, but that is not what we are about. If those encounters are designed for that many players then that is how it should be. The important thing to us is that the server remains true to the original idea and does not deviate, if we never get to the end game we are okay with that. Hopefully in the future more people join and we get to higher content, we will be here until then.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:24 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Due to request for a name change, mainly to separate the server from Dragons of Mist, we are changing the name. Over the last few weeks I have been creating the website, splitting the forums and then procuring the domain name. I am at a point that I am ready to do the switchover to the new domain. Unfortunately since there is no way to change the name of the server on the EqEmulator website, I will have to just change the name of the server on the server list.

I have been working on certain aspects of the server like making the LDoN adventures completely soloable, adding Fabled mobs and such. If anyone has questions please let me know.

Here is the new website.
http://www.chroniclesofnorrath.com
Old 08-14-2014, 12:01 PM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

I have been playing on this server for the last two days. It really does have the "P99 without the reverts" feel. I even changed over my usual duo for a single melee type character. Now I can keep a guy in bazaar to buy any tradeskill stuff newbies might wish to unload. I liked P99, but rather hated things like resummoning pets every zone and blind blanking out the entire screen. Being able to add a boxed toon, when I need to, is nice.

I hope the server stays like this. I would be very happy if we move away from the "omg let's raid for loot!" scene and run back to the days of "hey. hunting in the same area. want to group?" I wish we would all move away from the number crunching and just play. If you are looking for a high end raid 24/7 server, this may not be your best choice right now. (unless you bring a guild of people with you) But if you want a character that makes you feel like you did in the old days, this may be the one. If you want to enjoy leveling by forgetting about the numbers and just play a character for the fun of it, this may be the server for you.

Would the server be better with more folks? Yes. (and no, depending on what type of people)
Does it need more people to be a good server? No.
Give it a shot. Level one character to 10. Any character. I dare you to not enjoy it.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:20 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Our name has officially changed on the server listing. We are now showing as Chronicles of Norrath.