Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-16-2023, 04:07 PM
ozzfreak
Fire Beetle

Default Missing Neriak Stone PoK

Hi All, extreme newbie at setting this stuff up!

Going bananas here....
Loaded up my server to test various clients and I'm stumped at a missing PoK stone for Neriak.

I can see the stone just fine in Titanium, but both SoF and SoD clients can't see it at all.
As far as I can tell, both instances of the stone in doors have the same values except where they spit you out and one being version masked to Titanium client. even with that mask, should the other clients be able to see the stone that takes you to new Nektulos? Even if I swap client masks between the two, the new clients STILL can't see the stone.

I've also tried copying over all of the pok files from the Titanium client into the SoF folder as a test. No dice :(

Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2023, 08:05 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I have never encountered that problem before. Honestly you would be better off just moving on to the RoF2 client. Even with the RoF2 client clicking the stone will still send you to the old Nektulos as that is what is still used in the PEQ database. You would need to modify the Neriak stone settings in the database to point to the newer Nektulos. Whether clicking the stone or using the #zone command you would still need to delete or modify the player.pl for the newer Nektulos zone in order to zone to it otherwise you will zone into the new version then be kicked back to the old version due to scripting.

Also make your you are using a recent version of the PEQ database and binaries. If I remember correctly there was an issue regarding pok stones a while back but I do not remember how long ago that was.

Also read the following you will figure out why pretty quickly.

http://www.projecteq.net/forums/inde...to-play.15184/

On a side note using Discord will get your questions answered much faster.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:40 PM
ozzfreak
Fire Beetle

Thanks! Using the ROF client I can now see the stone, and everything seems to be working ok, except the translocators. I was trying to use the clients I had easiest access to, didn't realize it made that much of a difference!

The mixed up zones I can fix as I did that one before while doing some testing.

Also, I'm a Luddite when it comes to Discord. Never used, no idea what's happening

Thanks again for the link and info!
Old 08-19-2023, 02:46 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

If your translocators are not working you might be missing quest files. From the wiki

https://docs.eqemu.io/server/install...a-world-server

Quests info is towards the bottom. Or you can use the eqemu_server.pl in your Emulator directory to acquire them.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:23 PM
ozzfreak
Fire Beetle

Thank you again for the info!

All of Nektulos is working except a bunch of mobs being stationary, but I know how to fix that one. Will just take some time to find all of them

I verified the quests are there (used Akka's installer) by comparing them to the wiki you linked. Used the .pl file to update quests, juuust to make sure. The only translocator that seems to work is the one in OoT. All of the others SAY you're being teleported, but don't actually teleport you anywhere.

I tried to copy the contents of the translocator in OoT to the Freeport East one but swap the dialog and the zone id and coordinates, but that just produced an error message in game. Something about expecting = near say. There was a #reload quest done and a server reboot to make sure the new quest file was in place too. Most likely I screwed up something with the code though?
Old 08-21-2023, 08:44 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Random thought but you didn't have #invul turned on while checking some of the translocators did you?
Old 09-07-2023, 02:12 PM
ozzfreak
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
Random thought but you didn't have #invul turned on while checking some of the translocators did you?
I tried using non-gm test characters to discover the soulbinders weren't working. Not sure I tried them on translocators.

I ended up going through all the quest files and swapping the lua cast scripts to movepc scripts instead for the translocation bits.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:20 AM
ptarp2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzfreak View Post
Hi All, extreme newbie at setting this stuff up!

Going bananas here....
Loaded up my server to test various clients and I'm stumped at a missing PoK stone for Neriak.

I can see the stone just fine in Titanium, but both SoF and SoD clients can't see it at all.
As far as I can tell, both instances of the stone in doors have the same values except where they spit you out and one being version masked to Titanium client. even with that mask, should the other clients be able to see the stone that takes you to new Nektulos? Even if I swap client masks between the two, the new clients STILL can't see the stone.

I've also tried copying over all of the pok files from the Titanium client into the SoF folder as a test. No dice :(

Any ideas?
I have noticed that when I tried to change my globalload.txt files in the EQ folder, the books and all kinds of other stuff can be invisible.

Rename your current globalload.txt file, then add a new txt file with the original name and paste this in.
Code:
1,1,TFFF,GlobalFroglok_chr,Loading Froglok
1,1,TFFT,GlobalPCFroglok_chr,Loading Froglok
1,1,TFFF,frogequip,Loading Froglok
1,1,TFFT,GlobalSKE_chr2,Loading Froglok
1,1,TFFF,GlobalDRK_chr,Loading Froglok
1,1,TFFF,Global_obj,Loading Character Equipment Files
1,1,TFTF,GEquip,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,GEquip8,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,GEquip2,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,grass,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,GEquip5,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,GEquip4,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,GEquip3,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,loyequip,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,ldonequip,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,gatesequip,Loading Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFF,omensequip.eqg,Loading Character Equipment Files
3,0,TFFF,gbn.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,wwf.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,kbd.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,fng.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,ork.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,ggy.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,eve.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,mnr.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,zmf.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,zmm.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,fry.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,cwr.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,bas.eqg,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,rap_chr,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,skt_chr,Loading Character Equipment Files
3,0,TFFF,Global6_chr2,Loading Character Equipment Files
3,0,TFFF,Global6_chr,Loading Character Equipment Files
3,0,TFFF,Global4_chr,Loading Characters
3,1,TFFF,Global_chr,Loading Characters
4,0,TFFF,Global2_chr,Loading Global Items and Equipment
4,0,TFFF,Global3_chr,Loading Global Items and Equipment
P.S. This file is located in your EQ directory /resources This is my EQ\RoF2\Resources\Globalload.txt file.