Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I just noticed something else. All monters with an odd ID have extra loot drops. For instance, if I do two loot drops for armor, even IDs will have just two drops, but odd ID monsters will have 4
Old 02-15-2009, 02:36 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks for the feedback - the odd-even might be simple to fix, and I'll look into it today.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 02-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

So did you find any reason for this?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Yes, I looked at it now and found the following.

Many lootdrops are shared among many npc's and the program checks for duplicates. Therefore that cannot be the answer. Also, I found 5 and only 5 drops per npc. Never saw a difference among odd/even npcs. The program does not care about npc id order.

What I did see, and this makes sense, the program creates a new lootdrop id for each unique loottable, and is always the highest number. If there are other lootdrops in the npc's then new ones are made. Therefore the real way to ensure a new lootdrop and a totally custom database is to wipe all loot from all npc's first.

Therefore, I do not observe and anomalies.

Another thing, if you rerun the program for the same level npc's, you will add more custom loot.

GeorgeS

Old 02-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

OK, so the only way I can make it so some monsters don't have double the loot is to wipe all loot? Is there any other way because I have a lot of custom loot drops.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Does anyone else know how I could possibly avoid having to wipe all loot? I really don't want to have to do that, but it would make some monsters drop 4 items and some drop 8 if I leave it how it is.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Ok, how can I wipe all lootables and stuff so that monsters won't drop more items than I want? My server has been done for almost 2 weeks and I don't want to bring it back until I get the loot fixed.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

i'm really sorry. I am not trying to complain, but I have had my server down for a while now because I don't want to bring it up when there is no random loot. I am just trying to fix the problems of some monsters having 2x loot and then the monsters 65+ also having the lootdrops from 61+ monsters. Does anyone have some suggestions for how I can fix this because I am making no progress just adding loot, removing it, and adding it again. I really want to fix these problems because it does make a big difference. I want monsters to drop 4 items per kill, but some monsters will drop 8. And then the 65+ monsters will normally drop 8, but since some monsters have double the loot they are dropping 16 items. That is 4x the amount of items I am trying to do.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I think this tool needs to be updated. I keep getting an error saying invalid use of null when I try to run it. And is it possible to make the max items per lootdrop over 100 or is that just an emulator thing?
Old 08-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

actually I figured out the invalid use of null problem
Old 08-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I noticed that I get the runtime error 9 subscript out of range if I put over 5 items per loot drop. I saw someone else had that problem awhile ago and am wondering if it was fixed
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Wilbane
Fire Beetle

GeorgeS, great tool and thank you. I played with it over the weekend and it works very well especially the ability to import custom lists. As usual the compliment is followed by a question ... LOL. Is there a way to limit the tool to specific zones? The reason I ask is this would be a quick way of adding new content to unused zones.

Thanks, Wil
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymarsh9 View Post
I noticed that I get the runtime error 9 subscript out of range if I put over 5 items per loot drop. I saw someone else had that problem awhile ago and am wondering if it was fixed
DiabloII*
ver 1.7.2 (Sep-10th-09) - added support for >5 items per lootdrop - to a max of 32

Sorry for the delay in fixing this

GeorgeS

Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

Default runtime error with last update to source

after the latest update, now i get a runtime error saying that column doesnt match the fields in row 1 or something very similar...any suggestions GeorgeS?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Holy necro,

What version of DB are you using?

GeorgeS