Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:21 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Question NPC Regen 32k+ HP

I can't get NPC's to regen during combat over 32k hp per tick. This used to work before when I created Practice Dummies to regen 100k hp regen per tick and worked before. Any changes in the code? Or rule_value changed?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Nobody knows why the HP regen is now capped at 32k when it worked at 100k hp regen before? Was source edited? Or new rule in db?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:00 PM
trevius
Developer

Looks like in mob.h the hp_regen settings are set to sint16 instead of int32. I don't know if that was changed or not, but it wasn't as far as I know. If the values were changed there, I don't know offhand if that might break the corpse blobs again, and if so, that kind of change can be pretty annoying to do.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Looks like in mob.h the hp_regen settings are set to sint16 instead of int32. I don't know if that was changed or not, but it wasn't as far as I know. If the values were changed there, I don't know offhand if that might break the corpse blobs again, and if so, that kind of change can be pretty annoying to do.
If mob.h is the only place that has it broken, it shouldn't be an issue, provided it is actually saving to the database as the value it should be in the packet. (which offhand, I think it is.)
Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Thanks! Hope it gets reverted back in future source.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:32 PM
trevius
Developer

It isn't something that would be reverted, as those settings were in place ever since EQEmu has been on the Google SVN. So, as far as I can tell, it should have always had that same limitation (at least for the past 2 years or so). That is, if the stuff in mob.h is what is causing the limitation. I haven't really looked that deep into it. I don't really have time to test this stuff and make the changes any time soon.