Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Whoopee
Fire Beetle

Default Looking to assemble a team.

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of putting together a server, and I am looking for some people help me with the maintenance of the server. This will be a legit server, and I have yet to determine the name. I would be willing to provide compensation for any service rendered, however it wont be much. If all goes according to plan, I'd like to have the server run 24/7, and run smoothly with an avg of 100-150 people on the server.

I am looking for the following:

Web designer - Advanced CSS skill are a plus.
Coder - Somethings broke, fix it! seriously though, I don't know any perl, or c. I'd like to add some basic custom quest to the game and I lack the know how.
Guide / GM - Provide in game assistance for players.

Server Specs - For potential players, and members of the dev team, here is the current configuration of the server.

Processor - DUAL P4 XEON 2.66Ghz
RAM - 4 gigs ddr266 pc2100
Drive Space 2x Seagate 73GB CHEETAH ULTRA 320 SCSI 10K 8MB raid-0
OS -Windows XP
Connection - Dedicated Comcast 22 Mbps download/ 5 Mbps upload, this maybe be upgraded to a 50/10 depending upon server population.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

i could acually be a guide i used to be a senior guide of live on Maelin Staypyre until RL caught up with me and i had to resign my position