Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM
MSIMagus
Fire Beetle

Default Help picking a server.

There are a lot of freaking servers to pick from as I am sure all of you understand! So I wanted to give what I am looking for here and see if anyone can recommend something.

I played EQ back in the day and loved the game for the deep lore and the huge interesting world. But the level grind and people constantly dropping because their kids were being bad or their mom was yelling at them got old. And I was also sick of the slow solo grind. So I would like a server that takes care of those two problems while being as stable as possible.

So basically the 1 2 3

1. Be as stable as possible. This is a free service so I understand if the servers are down periodically, that's cool. But its o fun playing a game that drops you or where you get killed every 15 mins because of bugs.

2. Is more the core/basic EQ and not a ton of custom content. Im interested in trying servers with custom content too but my main interest is classic EQ lore/style/dungeons.

3. Has sped up the grind a little bit. I dont want to play on a crazy server that gives you 1000x experience or anything, but vanilla EQ rates were pretty horrid.

So if any of you can rec servers I greatly appreciate it! Thanks guys and hope to bump in to some of you in game!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

We need another good progression server I love playing them till luclins released.Project 1999 is going to be progression style but very slow and hard.

PEQ The Grand Creation is Live like they have LDoN working with 1.5% exp mod.Great server only thing that kills this server is no one hardly groups. You either multibox enough to do stuff or you dont do anything. Or solo to 65 and hope you get in a decent guild which will have so many requirements you won't get admitted anyway.

Dont dismiss some of the custom servers Shadowhaven and the Hidden Forest are quite good.

The only really good bot server is The Realm..Bots behave and work best there due to Condar owning the server..Its alot of work (Tradeskill quests and plat to own more bots)but having a whole raid of your own characters you gear and control is fun.Live like other then bots

Every week we gain 3-4 servers and lose 3-4 servers so it changes constantly but the ones I've listed have been around along time..Actually The Realms been around longer then some of the preferred servers iirc even though its not listed up there.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 PM
MSIMagus
Fire Beetle

I am not so much looking for pre luclin or pre any xpack. I am happy to have every Xpack available to me, I just want it to be that what I am playing is mostly the game as it was origionally intended to be played(just faster experience grind)and then after I experience that ill try stuff with new content. It sounds like PEQ and Jest are good starters for me as well as possibly EZ.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIMagus View Post
I am not so much looking for pre luclin or pre any xpack. I am happy to have every Xpack available to me, I just want it to be that what I am playing is mostly the game as it was origionally intended to be played(just faster experience grind)and then after I experience that ill try stuff with new content. It sounds like PEQ and Jest are good starters for me as well as possibly EZ.
Jest is not functional anymore. PEQ is probably what you are looking for... the community on PEQ is excellent. In fact, a lot of the servers you see in the sticky at the top are not functional anymore. If I had mod privileges i'd get rid of it.