Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:26 PM
DukeTuring
Fire Beetle

Default Server with GM Powers?

So, I find myself overcome with nostalgia for my EQ glory days, but not so much nostalgia that I actually want to level up and relearn the game.

Are there any servers that enable players to just zip around the world invulnerable and solo whatever they want to scratch that itch?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2020, 04:25 PM
Ephyr
Fire Beetle

There's a few solo server compiles you could download, available on the forums. Alternatively you could just setup a PEQ database and give yourself GM commands that way. Fairly easy to do just follow some of the guides available on the site.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:30 PM
DukeTuring
Fire Beetle

I have no idea what you mean by solo server compiles. I did a search on the forum for that phrase and didn't come up with anything useful.

I've been trying to go the second route you suggested, but I can't figure out how to actually access the server. The documentation is a little patchy/confusing. Everything I try either results in the client erroring out, or just displaying the list of public servers (without the one I'm running.)

Is there a slightly more user-friendly guide to creating a server somewhere other than https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...lation-windows ?
Old 05-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Ephyr
Fire Beetle

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42039

Follow Akka's guide to get it the windows install setup then just copy that DB over. Someone else may be able to provide clearer instructions, but using Akka's guide and the Readme's pasted in this thread's downloads I was able to get a server up and running and even make some edits for what I needed. Just may need to google things here and there.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:14 PM
lymontyme
Sarnak

The key step to getting your own server running is to modify the step that says to change your eqhost.ini file to Host=login.eqemulator.net. That setting will only show the public servers, as you mention. To show your own server, change it to Host=127.0.0.1:5999 (or 5998 for Titanium).

To give yourself GM status, make sure you've already created at least one account and character:
- open the database in HeidiSQL or whatever (default password is eqemu)
- go to the Account table
- change status to 255
- start server, log in, choose a character
- type #gm on