Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Default Some older zones do not load.

I updated my previous PoK portal issue post with more information. I mention that because part of that problem is related here. One of the three portals were partly broken because of another issue I will mention here.

It seems some of the older zones like tox and misty do not work in my build. I will eventually test them all and report back as I want to contribute and make this project the best it can be.

If I do #zone tox or #zone misty it does nothing. It doesn't give me the error that they do not exist. The database has the entries in zone. I found out about tox because a friend tried zoning into Toxxulia from paineel and it crashed his EQ, mine as well when testing. Now that I think about it perhaps this is why someone in the previous build deleted the Plane of Knowledge links to this zone from paineel and Erudin as a quick fix?

With the above said, where is zoneline information stored in the database so I can correct the zoneline from Paineel zoning into Toxxulia? For now I will point it to the new revamped zone.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Import zone files from titanium into your install.

New tox and new misty are different.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:19 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Okay, so RoF2 is missing the physical files in the directory. I see now why EQ itself gave the error. I think I have those from my Underfoot install.

Do you know where in the database zoneline information is stored incase I want to take paineel for example and have it use the new Toxxulia zone instead?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Turmoiltoad
Forum Guide

The zone_points table has the zone connections, the doors table has the click-type (IE PoK books), Quests \ Spells has the spells that take you to those zones.

"#zone tox" will still take you to Tox (or try to, at least). "#zone toxxulia" would take you to the revamped version.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:00 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

I copied over the zone information from a UF folder and it corrected the crashing and inability to zone into some of the older zones. Though sro has weird textures for the grass and desert area. Looks very strange. I will try and locate a titanium version to see if the results are different or if it is a rof2 client issue.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Turmoiltoad
Forum Guide

#zone sro <-- old version
#zone southro <-- revamped version

In your zone_points table and doors table, pay close attention to the client_version_mask field, as it will determine which version you get based on client when attempting to zone through a zone point or door. Likewise your spells may have client version comparisons to determine destination zones.

For information on client version masks, check here:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Client-Mask
Old 05-22-2020, 04:00 PM
JDf
Fire Beetle

Default All these links post to blanks?

Hey Toad,

I am trying to follow many links and they are all ending at blank pages or 404 lately. Do you see the same?
Old 05-22-2020, 04:51 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDf View Post
Hey Toad,

I am trying to follow many links and they are all ending at blank pages or 404 lately. Do you see the same?

In your last five posts out of 12 posts in total, you claim that. This is strange what you are doing here. Sorry, if you're picking out year-old links, they don't work sometimes.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:17 PM
Uleat
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDf View Post
Hey Toad,

Please keep your dead link comments on your original post rather than necro'ing unrelated threads - Thanks!

Compilin' Dirty