Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 AM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

Default Alt Advancement Window Bug?

When I downloaded SoD fresh a few months ago, I was able to see the Omens tab, along with another tab, which I can't recall. It used to go General/Arch/Class/xxxx/Omens/Vet. I had two different installs, one for Titanium for THF, and one for SoD for other servers I played on. At some point, I got rid of my backup (lol ifail.com), and played on a server that completely did away with the Omens tab, because they were as of yet unreleased. Now there are no AA's that exceed Gates of Discord, except Gift of Mana from DoN. There is no Omens Tab, there are no Omens aa's, no SoD aa's, etc.

I recently downloaded Underfoot client, copied some of the necessary files over, and I also experience this issue with Underfoot, even though it was a later client than SoD. Does anyone know which file this is, or if there is a fix for this? I guess I could redownload UF again, and try again, to see if I can see the Omens AA tab, and the SoD aa's and such.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

Also neglected to mention that the missing UF files I copied from my old SoD folder, without thinking, which led me to believe that maybe I used one of those old files that caused the same issue(s) in Underfoot. Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks all.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be the stock UF install. Does(did) only the SoD install come with the current Omens/SoD AA's? Is there a way to get them/get them back?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:42 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Actually in SoD+ there are no tabs per expansion. Hmm, let me restate in UF there are no tabs per expansion. The expansion is listed on the right with all AA just in the 3 main tabs. I have not logged in a SoD client in a year so I do not remember clearly, but I am almost 100% certain it is the same as UF.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

Any clue on what would be hiding the Omens/Seeds aa's from me in those tabs then? Anyone have any idea what file would affect the aa window?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

Bump for input. If anyone has any suggestions whatsoever that'd be great.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 AM
trevius
Developer

AAs don't come with the client, they come from the server you are playing on. The dbstr_us.txt file is what contains all of the descriptions. The one that comes with the UF client is incomplete, so you would need to copy a better one from an SoD or EQLive patched folder into your UF folder to have a more complete file. Either way, unless you are seeing a bunch of Unknown DB String errors in your AA window for a bunch of AAs, then you probably aren't missing anything. EQEmu has not added most of the newer AAs, which is why you aren't seeing most of them. If you played on a server that had more AAs, then they may have added them custom to their database/source.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

Makes tons of sense. Thanks Trev.