Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:23 PM
ctuso
Fire Beetle

Default Web Interface Questions

I've had my private server up for quite a while now and my boys, coworkers and I are thoroughly enjoying it! I have made several changes to quests, spawns etc. using cli along with EOC and other tools. However, I have been looking around and trying to simply find a method to view players online without logging in. I did come across a mention of the web interface on 9080 as a source to find this. I remembered the http configuration in the config so i looked and verified it was enabled on port 9080

Code:
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
Armed with this knowledge, I opened the port on my router and in firewalld. I opened my browser and pointed to myip:9080 and was greeted with a login. Research showed me to add the tblServerRegistration login into Accounts and i was able to get in. Unfortunately, the only data displayed is the text "Not found."

Curious where the home dir for this would be as the "Not found." message brings to mind a 404 error, but I am not seeing that in any of the http logs. I'm wondering if I removed the original index files to replace them with a quick phpinfo() file (which doesn't display either).

To be honest, I've scoured the forums, wiki and guides trying to find any reference to what this does and what to expect but I came up empty. To be quite honest, I'm not sure if this is normal behavior and this is just a port for tools to connect to or if it is a tool in and of itself and should be displaying data.

Any information would be appreciated!

-- Searching for "web" "interface" "server" "http" "9080" makes querying this a real pain lol.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I use the following query to check for players online in the last 15 minutes.
Code:
SELECT * FROM `character_data` WHERE `last_login` >= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 900) ORDER BY `name` ASC
I also have it in a web page:

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 06-02-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 09:22 AM
ctuso
Fire Beetle

Thanks! I came across that one in my search and have used it a few times. During the search for that information is what led me to the web interface. The real issue is I still don't have that working yet. Still getting a blank page with "Not found." Doesn't seem to be the typical Apache 404 error page either.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:27 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

There is a templates folder you must put into the root of your sever folder. This holds all the html, images and queries for the server managment page. You also need this file in the root folder as well: mime.types.

If you cannot find this as part of akka's installer download you can go to the source host at github and pull the files there. Cannot remember exactly where they are at in the source directories tho.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 PM
ctuso
Fire Beetle

Sigh, someone really needs to remind me to a) not attempt to do things when it's 3 AM after gaming and b) not to try and figure out what you did wrong at 3am when trying to focus on work AND the eqemu side project when tired from being up working on said project at 3AM!

I had made the symbolic links to the dang templates per the guide I had found. However, I was in the wrong dang directory... wow... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to finding my mistake!

With Akka's installer the two symbolic links need to be made to these directories. Replace /home/eqemu/ with the directory path to the server:

Code:
$ pwd
/home/eqemu/server
$ ln -s /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/utils/defaults/templates/ templates
$ ln -s /home/eqemu/server_source/Server/utils/defaults/updated_templates updated_templates
Old 08-17-2017, 01:59 AM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

I think you should check the tcp port .

Using:
sudo netstat -an |grep 9080

Then check the output.