Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Custom

Quests::Custom Custom Quests here

Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Default auto-train on level for the extra lazy

lots of people seem to enjoy skill trainer and spell scriber/disc trainer npcs. since you're going to be increasing skills for free, why not just pop it in global_player.pl and trigger it when the player levels? no need to add a new spawn.

this script will increase skills to the maximum level allowed by the player's race/class/level (and only those that he/she can learn). it also automatically scribes spells and trains discs.

Code:
sub EVENT_LEVEL_UP {

AutoTrain();

}

sub AutoTrain {

$client->Message( 15, "Your experiences across the realm have infused you with increased power and knowledge..." );

# set all available skills to maximum for race/class at current level
    foreach my $skill ( 0 .. 74 ) {
        next unless $client->CanHaveSkill($skill);
        my $maxSkill = $client->MaxSkill( $skill, $client->GetClass(), $ulevel );
        next unless $maxSkill > $client->GetRawSkill($skill);
        $client->SetSkill( $skill, $maxSkill );
    }

# scribe all spells for current level
    quest::scribespells( $ulevel, $ulevel - 1 );

# train all discs for current level
    quest::traindiscs( $ulevel, $ulevel - 1 );

}
Old 01-13-2013, 01:09 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Why train level and level minus one? Those commands should accept same level as both arguments, is there a bug in them?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:30 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

not bug. not sure why i didn't just use $ulevel for both, honestly. i was probably half asleep and thought for sure i had a really good reason at the time. just tried to keep the script from attempting to scribe spells for levels 0 to current every time.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Figback65
Discordant

When you die and lose a level and then re-ding, it checks and regives all the spells and retrains the skills again. Is there a way to put a level check or something in, so it doesnt re-apply what it already has?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

this line should be checking to verify that the max skill available at the level obtained is higher than the current raw skill before setting the skill to the new value:

Code:
next unless $maxSkill > $client->GetRawSkill($skill);
i would think that since the current skill is already at the max for the level when you re-ding, it should skip the skill in question. i believe i'd already tested this and it worked, but i can always test it again to verify.

as for the spells and discs, i'm sure it could be changed to not re-train/scribe already known items, but it would require source code modification as the work is actually done server-side and not in the script.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Figback65
Discordant

The reason I enquired more about is, bc I have added an AA point to the level ding as well. So when they ding, u get spells, skills, and 1 AA. The death and re-ding with the AA is whats getting me. I didnt want it to let people exploit it. Also tryen to make it start at level 10.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Figback65
Discordant

got the level requirement working, just not the delevel exploit
Old 01-17-2013, 06:38 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

fdshjakfhksf...

so the problem isn't as you described it at all. it's with your additions, correct?

thanks for the clarification.

1) use a qglobal to store the highest level the character has obtained and check the value before supplying a new aa point.
2) use a condition to check for the character's level before calling AutoTrain().
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Figback65
Discordant

Thanks for the direction. I am learning as I go
Old 05-30-2013, 01:29 PM
xplodr
Sarnak

How do I do this? I mean how do I find the file you're talking about and where would I put this coding? Also I don't want the auto skill ups business, trying to leave it still somewhat legit. Basically I would just want spells and discs.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Go in to your server folder, quests, templates, find global_player.pl and add these lines to the script and save it, enter the game, and type #reloadworld to repop all zones and reload scripts world-wide.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM
xplodr
Sarnak

Somehow my GM 250 character is not allowed to use the #reloadworld command lol. Any idea what that's about?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

It may require more than 250 status, go in your database to the Commands table and check if anything requires above 250. A simple way to do so below this. If you do, set your status higher and relog.

Code:
/*Finds commands that are above 250 status.*/
SELECT * FROM `commands` WHERE `access` > 250;
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 PM
xplodr
Sarnak

The only command over 250 is setstat and that's set to 255
Old 05-31-2013, 01:08 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

command_add("reloadworld",NULL,255,command_reloadworld) ||

There was a time where I was a dipshit and originally implemented it with level 0. So new servers who didn't pay attention to this had this command on for regular players and could really hose up a server, that's tons of Mysql queries, quest reading depending on how many zones you have up.

It could have been 250 like the rest but I think I said something about it in coders and if someone was about to commit something to nail it up high so that's what it ended up being.