Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Dodie
Sarnak

Default Quick way to change starting zones with ALTER TABLE?

I Just to know these commands, been a wile...

I want to change the starting zone for everyrace to the same one...

Thanks!!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Dodie
Sarnak

Anyone have a clue ? =(
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Shendare
Dragon

If you wanted to set all races, classes, and selections to start in the same zone, it appears that you could use the following SQL command:

UPDATE start_zones SET zone_id=(Zone), x=(x), y=(y), z=(z), start_zone=(Zone), bind_x=(x), bind_y=(y), bind_z=(z);

Change (Zone), (x), (y), and (z) to the values you want to use. You don't need the parentheses.

Everyone would then start in the specified zone at the specified coordinates.

Apparently the zone and coords are in there twice so you can set a player to be bound by default to a location different from the actual starting location, so you don't get too many players popping into the same spot on log-in and death.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Dodie
Sarnak

Ah, Thanks alot for your help
Old 06-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I recommend doing a little testing, since the meanings of the x, y, and z coordinates can be interpreted differently in different systems. They don't always match up with the order given in a /loc.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM
trevius
Developer

/loc gives Y,X,Z and #loc gives X,Y,Z, so it is always best to use #loc IMO. But, keep in mind that /loc always only gives your location. The #loc command will give the location of your target if you have one and if not, it gives the loc of yourself. Basically, you just need to make sure you have the correct target when using #loc so you don't get bad info.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

On Rev535 I edited the database as Shendare had mentioned. This did not matter. My start zone was always the tutorial zone until I edited the World:TutorialZoneID rule in the rule_values table. With the addition of SoF it appears that the start_zone table is now obsolete. Maybe it is working in later REV's, but not in 535.

Depending on what version you are running, you are going to want to look at these two rules in the rule-values table:

World:SoFStartZoneID
World:TutorialZoneID
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Dodie
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capheus View Post
On Rev535 I edited the database as Shendare had mentioned. This did not matter. My start zone was always the tutorial zone until I edited the World:TutorialZoneID rule in the rule_values table. With the addition of SoF it appears that the start_zone table is now obsolete. Maybe it is working in later REV's, but not in 535.

Depending on what version you are running, you are going to want to look at these two rules in the rule-values table:

World:SoFStartZoneID
World:TutorialZoneID

Yeah, I actully ran into these. Thanks for help guys.