Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Completed

Quests::Completed This is where Completed quests are.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

Default Going Postal - Complete (or nearly so)

I've been working on this off and on for a couple of weeks, and I finally have most of the quest working. The notable exceptions are the deliveries from Innothule swamp and West Karana, neither of which seem to have items in the database that actually correspond to them. It would be possible to reuse the same letters for more than one quest, but it seems like a poor idea as the letters are all lore.

So, without further ado, here's the massive list of npc scripts for the bard mail quests.

Tralyn_Marsinger.pl zone: Qeynos
Code:
#############
#Quest Name: Bard Mail Quest
#Author: RealityIncarnate
#NPCs Involved: Tralyn Marsinger, Eve Marsinger, Lislia Goldtune, Felisity Starbright, Jakum Webdancer, Ton Twostring, Idia, Sivina Lutewhisper, Ticar Lorestring, Marton Stringsinger, Drizda Tunesinger, Travis Two Tone, Silna Songsmith, Siltria Marwind, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger, Lyra Lyrestringer 
#Items Involved: Bardic letters: 18150-18167
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
  if ($text=~/hail/i) {
    quest::say("Hail, $name - If you are interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail then you should talk to my wife, Eve.");
  }
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
  if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18150 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18151 => 1)) {
    quest::say("Incoming mail - very good!  Please take this gold for your troubles.");
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(3,4,5,6),0);
    quest::exp(50);
    quest::faction(192,10); #league of antonican bards
    quest::faction(184,10); #knights of truth
    quest::faction(135,10); #guards of qeynos
    quest::faction(273,-30); #ring of scale
    quest::faction(207,-30); #mayong mistmoore
  }

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18153 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18154 => 1)) {
  quest::say("Incoming mail - very good!  Please take this gold for your troubles.");
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(8,9,10,11,12),0);
    quest::exp(100);
  }

else {
    quest::say("I have no need for that.");
    plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
  }
}

# End of File zone: qeynos
Eve_Marsinger.pl zone:Qeynos
Code:
#############
#NPCs Involved: Tralyn Marsinger, Eve Marsinger, Lislia Goldtune, Felisity Starbright, Jakum Webdancer, Ton Twostring, Idia, Sivina Lutewhisper, Ticar Lorestring, Marton Stringsinger, Drizda Tunesinger, Travis Two Tone, Silna Songsmith, Siltria Marwind, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger, Lyra Lyrestringer 
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail, $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}

if($text=~/i am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to Highpass and to Freeport.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Highpass] or [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to highpass/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Lislia Goldtune in Highpass.  You can find her at the entrance to HighKeep.  I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18152");
}

f($text=~/deliver to Freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felisity Starbright in Freeport.  You can find her at the bard guild hall.  I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18155");
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers.  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices.  Are you [interested]?"); }

}

sub EVENT_ITEM { 
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18165 => 1)) {
    quest::say("More mail - you have done us a noteworthy service!  Please take this gold for your troubles.  If you are interested in more work, just ask me.");
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(11,12,13,14,15),0);
    quest::exp(150);
  }

else {
  }
}

#END of FILE Zone:qeynos
Lislia_Goldtune.pl zone:Highkeep
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}

if($text=~/I am interested in delivering mail/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to Freeport and to Qeynos.  Will you [deliver] mail [to Freeport] or [to Qeynos] for me?"); 
}

if($text=~/deliver to freeport/i) {
quest::say("Take this pouch of mail to Ton Twostring. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure he will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18164");
}

if($text=~/deliver to qeynos/i) {
quest::say("Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure she will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18154");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM { 

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18152 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18156 => 1)) {
    quest::say("More mail - you have done us a noteworthy service!  Please take this gold for your troubles.  If you are interested in more work, just ask me.");
  }

else {
  }
}
#END of FILE Zone:highkeep
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

Felisity_Starbright.pl zone:freportn
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - If you are interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail you should talk to Ton Twostring."); }
}
sub EVENT_ITEM { 
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18158 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18157 => 1)) {
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(6,7,8,9),0);
    quest::exp(80);
  }

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18159 => 1)) {
  }

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18155 => 1)) {
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(11,12,13,14,15),0);
    quest::exp(150);
  }

else {
  }
}

#END of FILE Zone:freportn
Ton_Twostring.pl zone:freportn
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers.  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices.  Are you [interested]?");
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to Highpass, Kelethin, and Qeynos.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin], [Highpass], or [Qeynos] for me?");
}
if($text=~/deliver to kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Idia in Kelethin.  You can find her at the bard guild hall.  I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18167");
}
if($text=~/deliver to highpass/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Lislia Goldtune in Highpass.  You can find her at the entrance to HighKeep.  I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles."); 
quest::summonitem("18156");
}
if($text=~/deliver to qeynos/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Eve Marsinger in Qeynos.  You can find her at the bard guild hall.  I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18165");
}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM { 
  if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18164 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18166 => 1)) {
  }

else {
  }
}
#END of FILE Zone:freportn
Jakum_Webdancer.pl zone:gfaydark
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - If you are interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail then you should talk to Idia."); }
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
  if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18161 => 1)) {
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(3,4,5,6),0);
    quest::exp(50);
  }

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18160 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18162 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18163 => 1)) {
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(6,7,8,9),0);
    quest::exp(80);
  }

else {
  }
}
#END of FILE Zone:gfaydark
Old 03-02-2008, 08:46 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

Idia.pl zone:gfaydark
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/What mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers, adventurers, and [agents].  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices.  Are you [interested]?");
}

if($text=~/agents/i){
quest::say("Lyra Lyrestringer, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger and Siltria Marwind all report to Jakum Webdancer.");
}

if($text=~/deliver freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch of mail to Ton Twostring. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure he will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18166");
}

if($text=~/what agents/i){
quest::say("Lyra Lyrestringer, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger, and Siltria Marwind all report to Jakum Webdancer.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM { 

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18167 => 1)) {
    quest::givecash(0,0,quest::ChooseRandom(8,9,10,11,12),0);
  }

else {
  }
}
#END of FILE Zone:gfaydark
Sivina_Lutewhisper.pl zone:qrg
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
  if ($text=~/hail/i) {
    quest::say("Hail, $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
  }
  if ($text=~/mail/i) {
    quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers.  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices.  Are you [interested]?");
  }
  if ($text=~/interested/i) {
    quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?");
  }
  if ($text=~/deliver to qeynos/i) {
    quest::say("Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos.  You can find him at the bard guild hall.  I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
    quest::summonitem(18150);
  }
}

# End of File Zone:qrg
Ticar_Lorestring.pl zone:erudnext
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers.  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices.  Are you [interested]?");
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?");
}
quest::say("Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos.  You can find him at the bard guild hall.  I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles."); 
quest::summonitem("18151");}
}
#END of FILE Zone:erudnext
Marton_Stringsinger.pl zone:halas
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
  if($text=~/Hail/i){
  }
  if($text=~/mail/i){
  }
  if($text=~/interested/i){
  }
    quest::summonitem(18153);
  }
}
#END of FILE Zone:halas

Last edited by Cripp; 03-07-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

Drizda_Tunesinger.pl zone:feerrott
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport.  Will you [deliver] mail [to Freeport] for me?");
}
if($text=~/What mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers.  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices.  Are you [interested]?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felisity Starbright. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I'm sure she will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18157");
}

#END OF FILE zone:feerrott
Travis_Two_Tone.pl zone:nektulos
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
}

quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to Freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felisity Starbright in Freeport.  You can find her at the bard guild hall.  I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles."); 
quest::summonitem("18158");
}

}
#END of FILE Zone:nektulos
Silna_Songsmith.pl zone:rivervale
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
}

if($text=~/I am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felicity Starbright. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I'm sure she will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18164");
}

}
#END of FILE Zone:rivervale
Siltria_Marwind.pl zone:butcher
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin.  Will you [deliver] mail [to Kelethin] for me?");
}
if($text=~/What mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers, adventurers, and agents.  We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices.  Are you [interested]?");
}

if($text=~/deliver kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure he will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18160");
}

}

#END OF FILE Zone: butcher
Tacar_Tissleplay.pl zone:felwithea
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 

if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?"); 
}

quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin.  You can find him at the bard guild hall.  I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18161");
}

}
#END of FILE Zone:felwithea
Kilam_Oresinger.pl zone:kaladima
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY { 
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}
if($text=~/deliver to Kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin.  You can find him at the bard guild hall.  I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem(18162); }
}

#END of FILE Zone:kaladima
Lyra_Lyrestringer.pl zone:akanon
Code:
#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail $name.  Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to... well, right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin.  Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}
quest::summonitem("18163");
}
}

#END OF FILE Zone:akanon
Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

Doh! It looks like I messed up the capitalization on every instance of ChooseRandom in those scripts. It should be quick work with search & replace to fix, but I guess I should have made a final in-game test after adding the randomized gold amounts.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityincarnate View Post
Doh! It looks like I messed up the capitalization on every instance of ChooseRandom in those scripts. It should be quick work with search & replace to fix, but I guess I should have made a final in-game test after adding the randomized gold amounts.
Make a new thread with fixes, and I'll delete this old one if you want
Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Committed! Thank you! I'll see about tracking down those two missing items, hopefully Lucy grabbed them so I can manually add them.

I corrected ChooseRandom, no problem.

Last edited by cavedude; 03-03-2008 at 09:50 AM..