Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2016, 12:42 AM
Silresa
Fire Beetle

Default Bug with Throwing Weapons and Delay/Haste/Etc.

So, playing on a server which has a class that uses a bit of throwing I've been doing a bit of throwing!

I noticed that, weirdly, using a 36/35, 32/20, and 20/10 thrower all felt about the same in delay, even with varying amounts of haste. I'd always throw at a bout the same speed.. unless I used hundred hands disc.

I'm not super good with code/scripting/etc., nor am I familiar with all the calls and such of eqemu, so this may be a red herring, but in the attack.cpp I did see several mentions of 'largethrowing' and 'smallthrowing', and most instances include both, but a fewjust had large, yet as far as I know throwing only has 'Throwing', there's no way to distinguish an item one way or another. Again this may not be relevant but I was peeking through a bit and saw this and it stood out.

But basically it looks like the delay of the thrown weapon is being ignored and it's using a default delay or h2h delay or something in the 35-39 range, hard to time it precisely with EQ's logging without tons of parsing, but the difference in 36/35 and 20/10 should be night and day, and it's none. My theory is further supported by the fact that hundred hands disc definitely speeds up throwing to some degree, so it's pulling some other delay and using it, I assume a fallback/error catching delay.