Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Lodor
Fire Beetle

Doing that broke the spawn in every zone. You now need to go in and update your spawning code.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Davood
Discordant

yeah i will in a moment, just updating db right now
Old 07-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Lodor
Fire Beetle

Any ETA when you may bring the server back up?
Old 07-19-2015, 10:37 PM
Ougher
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on the server for most of the week and have been having a pretty good time so far. I do however think the early game (teir 1-3 so far, I've only recently got to teir 4) can feel a little lacking in direction. What I mean by that is you've got your tasks sure, but as for getting gear in order to be able to complete them, the best method I found was just to sell everything and try to find stuff in East Commons. If that's the way you want it to work, that's perfectly fine, but from what I can tell the stuff available there is just a random assortment of items that look like they were sold to the 'merchants'. I don't know if they ever restock or if it's entirely dependent on people selling stuff to them. If they don't get any new items it could be kinda tough for someone new to find stuff they can even use.

I'm just of the opinion that early on is when you have to get people interested in what you're offering on your server. If someone comes along and manages to level to 50-60 then wonders why they don't have any or very little gear, they might start to lose interest. Also being stuck with no aaxp until teir 4, maybe kick it back to 2 or 3? When you can hit 60 before even finishing teir 1, not being able to 'advance' your character anymore until later makes a lot of the killing feel less rewarding or even pointless to some people. Yeah you can get AA tokens from tasks, but I don't know its just kinda a bummer to get all this exp from killing doing absolutely nothing.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm telling you what to do with your server, just voicing an opinion as a player. I like a lot of the concepts here, and will continue to play here.

I did encounter a bug(?) with the teir 4 tasks where not all my kills would count toward my task. Sometimes i'd go 2 or 3 kills without seeing an update, and other times I'd be able to get some back to back without issue.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Lodor
Fire Beetle

You can get aa in tier 1 by tasks but not getting aa via xp till you hit tier 7 is kind of sad. All those wasted kills...
Old 07-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Ougher
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodor View Post
You can get aa in tier 1 by tasks but not getting aa via xp till you hit tier 7 is kind of sad. All those wasted kills...
I was getting aaxp in teir 4 today, so it's at least not THAT far, but honestly getting to teir 4 could take someone a while if they only have a small amount of time to play.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:20 PM
Lodor
Fire Beetle

I see the server is back up and it shows people on it but when i try to log on my character i get dumped back to the log in screen.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:23 PM
Davood
Discordant

servert seems to be back up and spawns seem to work.. ill check in tomorrow to see how people have fared.

and load times seem much faster too for zones

keep in mind this is over a year worth of updates i updated to.. i used many special forbidden hand seals to get it working.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Ougher
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodor View Post
I see the server is back up and it shows people on it but when i try to log on my character i get dumped back to the log in screen.
Same issue here.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:35 PM
Davood
Discordant

ok ill try and debug it now i havent changed teh xml config file and no ips have changed . i can conenct to it but thats not a good test ;o
Old 07-19-2015, 11:39 PM
Lodor
Fire Beetle

I see it shows 9 people on but I cant log on my main or even a new toon. It tries to load the game once you select your character and it crashes to log in. I am using HoT client as a fyi.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Ougher
Fire Beetle

I've tried logging chars in different zones ( guild hall, east commons) and creating new characters. Same issue, hangs after selecting/creating and kicks to login. I'm on underfoot client.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Davood
Discordant

is anyone getting in successfully?
Old 07-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Lodor
Fire Beetle

It shows the server has people on it on select screen. How accurate that is is anyones guess though.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Ougher
Fire Beetle

I think it just goes up in number every time someone tries to log in, seems to be higher every time i get kicked back.