Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:21 AM
xexllama
Sarnak

Default New Progression Server

*Chode Bird Progression*

Details:

-100% dedicated server with 24/7 up time. Two people besides myself have access if any need for a reboot might occur and I cannot get to a computer.

-Little or no GM involvement. I am using the latest PEQ DB, I have edited the database and there is only one GM character on the server. There will be no GM corruption, GM favoritism etc. I will ban anyone caught hacking (and I check logs daily) without warning!

-Guild competition encouraged. Shit talk, spawn racing and creative event spoiling encouraged.

- 100% Legit minus a few small corrections:
*Central Hub with Merchant, Scriber, Binder, GM trainers and Bank.
*Gate Charm and increased damage on starter weapons.
*One custom quest for an epic .5, to help pass the time while Kunark is being opened (Quest is NOT easy.)
*Spawn times on crucial raid mobs lowered to 24 hours.

**New players**
Utilize the in-game petition system to get a hold of me OR PM me via the forums on this name! Otherwise No gm will be on...
Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexllama View Post

-Guild competition encouraged. Shit talk, spawn racing and creative event spoiling encouraged.
did you just basicly say training is encouraged here?

just...suprised is all. never saw that put quite like that on a pvE server before.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Gopdar
Fire Beetle

I may be missing something but I don't see this server listed when i log in. Was looking forward to playing on it asap =D
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

looks like fun
Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Draegoloth
Fire Beetle

Cool Woot Awsome

There was once a progression server Before orders of Hasson was out, and i played on it...relatively populated...then it just disappeared. I hope that this server as 100% uptime will stay as we gather more population...i know it came out to day but im excited hehe
Old 11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Draegoloth
Fire Beetle

Default hmmm

Cant log on the server?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 PM
xexllama
Sarnak

Default Update

**UPDATE**

Apologies...A combination of military over-time work + football games (I play in 2 leagues) left me with VERY little time at night to work on the server. Thanks for So_1337 I have resolved an on-going problem I've had with the Windows Server 2003 O/s.

The server is up, on a dedicated box that is hosted out of Langsing MI. It is 24/7 and has un-metered service.

**SERVER WILL BE UP BY 6PM PST --FRIDAY NOV 07TH!! I have to change the start zone and that's it so give me a little longer ^^ **
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Glad I could help, even though you bashed the shit out of my server =) Seriously, though, good luck to you. It's a blast to do, keep me in mind if you need any other help.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 PM
xexllama
Sarnak

I disagreed with your policies at the time and said so. I apologized but again thanks for the help, and as promised as soon as the servers feet get wet I'll make those posts as promised.

Let me know if you run into anything! Who knows maybe I can return the favor!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
steel2790
Fire Beetle

to confirm this i am one of "llama's" friends for quite some time, it is dedicated and should be up in a few minutes, far as the encourage trains things, he basically means he won't ban someone for training, its not a carebear server by any means.
its PROGRESSION, do what you can and enjoy fighting for the top dog slot!
server should be up in estimated time 30minutes from now, just he's finishing up minor tweaks.
i'll see you guys in game,
Steel and crew.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Manix25
Sarnak

I toyed around on this server for a bit this morning.The rules seem to imply progression,not classic,or an adhereance to classic standards at all.So i spend a few hours doing the newby armor quests.I show off a couple of my pieces to the others.Sure thing,half an hour later someone who wasnt a GM BTW,comes on and states to the server that newby quests are going to be removed.The person announcing this was the GM's friend.Because the newby armor is overly unbalanced I'm guessing,/shrug.

Well,I wasted 4 hours and will not waste more time,only to have my efforts,if they are too good for someone else,to be taken away.So word of warning to others.

And BTW in classic EQ,You didnt lvl to 50 in a day,play for an hour and have a couple hundred plat,4 box an optimum group.And Kunark will never open on this server if Cazic,Inny,naggy and vox need to be downed.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 AM
xexllama
Sarnak

Hi,

Quests were removed...but oh wait, if you did them you get to keep the rewards. Obviously getting your facts from anyone but a GM was...wrong.

The server was setup around the preferences of the...server owner! He pays and he plays. So if he wants to play a Iksar during classic, I bet he can, and the other 30 people don't mind.

Also any fabled items received prior to the NERF will be kept on those characters. No one will be stripped.

The point of this server is progression that ACTUALLY progresses...i.e. not spending two months in classic. Obviously expansions like Kunark, Velious, Luclin will take longer. Key quests, epics, and big named will all be in the expansion script.

Anyhow...Latest Updates...

-Starting Quests no longer available
-Fabled Mobs = Toast
-Halloween Event Mobs are gone
-No mage will receive mage epic from scriber
-Pohate and Pofear drops have been slightly raised
-CT has new loot and less hp
-The only custom quest on server epic .5 is finished. Should make classic a bit more fun! (Quest is difficult as well)

More to come...
Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 AM
xexllama
Sarnak

Lady Vox Slain.
Lord Nagafen Slain.
Pohate and Pofear partially cleared and ready to open Kunark.

One epic .5 quest completed and numerous others waiting to finish!

I'd say 80% of the kinks are now worked out and we are ready and primed for Kunark which should open in a week or two. This is a progression server...that will progress, not sit around and stale.

Swing by and have some fun!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
aendain
Fire Beetle

It took 6 days from start of the server to naggy/vox slaying?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexllama View Post
*Chode Bird Progression*

Details:

-100% dedicated server with 24/7 up time. Two people besides myself have access if any need for a reboot might occur and I cannot get to a computer.

-Little or no GM involvement. I am using the latest PEQ DB, I have edited the database and there is only one GM character on the server. There will be no GM corruption, GM favoritism etc. I will ban anyone caught hacking (and I check logs daily) without warning!

- 100% Legit minus a few small corrections:
*Central Hub with Merchant, Scriber, Binder, GM trainers and Bank.
*Gate Charm and increased damage on starter weapons.
*One custom quest for an epic .5, to help pass the time while Kunark is being opened (Quest is NOT easy.)
*Spawn times on crucial raid mobs lowered to 24 hours.

**New players**
Utilize the in-game petition system to get a hold of me OR PM me via the forums on this name! Otherwise No gm will be on...

If you added bots, I would actually play it.