Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
yoman258
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
My wife gave up on me years ago, she decided i was nuts after I stayed up for almost three days waiting in-line for a J-boot drop in Najena.
:( Angelox you make me sad. Why must you bring up old memories? Even if they are cruel and boring ones!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Richardo
Banned

Awe.. I was waiting for Sixthly...
Old 12-19-2008, 07:35 PM
iaeolan
Fire Beetle

Bawww, Glaven
Old 12-20-2008, 02:33 AM
janusd
Sarnak

Quote:
she decided i was nuts after I stayed up for almost three days waiting in-line for a J-boot drop in Najena
Dude... I've so done that three different times on three different toons. The sad thing was that the first time was for the original JBoots drop and the next two were for the fabled versions. The other folks in line and I had some good smack talk about a guy who apparantly fell asleep during his turn and missed two spawns and then came back all enraged that we would dare to not wait on him. And then gated. We laaaaaaughed.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:48 AM
Gaan
Fire Beetle

http://www.geocities.com/volcome1337/Picture_047.jpg

the one and only
Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Off topic much?
Oh well, I find your resources intriguing but skeptical ;p. With resources like that, why not make your own game. Altough, because it sounds like you've been giving some nice hosting resources to Cripp, I believe you in that regard : ).

However, if you really want to make an eqemu server, you should : ). I know that I'm going to do it to test out various ideas for games : P. I've been hopping between this and 2 or 3 other things for the past few years =). Also, I mean if you really want to make a server, you don't have to pay people to join either. A lot of people are in this community because they enjoy making games : ).Don't let these guys upset you ok : ). Just keep going on and let all the comments slide by. That's what I always do ^_^. It's a harsh crowd I know : P, but sometimes people jump quickly to conclusions and what not : ).

If you really want to do it though, you really should. Running a server on eqemu is a great experience and is a lot of fun : ). I think everyone should try it atleast once : P.

Good luck to you man in whatever you do : D.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
If you really want to do it though, you really should. Running a server on eqemu is a great experience and is a lot of fun : ). I think everyone should try it atleast once : P.
It's the world's biggest time sink, if that's a problem you need solved.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

to the OP.

brother, you might be the most brilliant person on earth and gods gift to coding for all i know...but you rub people the wrong way with your posts man.

Im not at all suprised that this project was canceled before the first page was gone by. reeeeeaaally might want to stay away from anything involving public relations in the future. this is NOT a personal attack, but take it as constructive criticism, you do not belong in a field dealing with random masses. "people" are whiney, bitchy, and often think they know more than you do no matter what. if this thread got your hackles up then you definately do not want to spend massive lengths of time answering petitions and tracking down bug fixes. its alotta headache even if its somthing you love doing.

good luck on your next task friend, just remember gotta take the bashing with everything else to get somthing of this nature rolling, and, again, next time consider that most shard owner/operators really frown upon folks showing up and trying to entice their "free help" away to other projects on their own forums.