Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Heh, no I do not think this is the Zeb db (i have asked for it, but am certain I will not get it), though it's got bits of Jibba all over it... eww...

This thread is 4 years old, sorry for the bump as I said. Check the dates, nothing about this has anything to do with Jibbatwinkers. Just an old, fun server I had lying around. Played it for a few hours last week, and it was kinda fun. Hadn't "played" EQ in years. Brought back some good memories.

Edit: If Amra is still around, and has his "before my mods" version of this database, I might run that instead. Sounds like even he was unhappy with the current DB...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:35 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

tryied connectiong , guess i cant with UF client
Old 08-28-2011, 06:57 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmaster View Post
tryied connectiong , guess i cant with UF client
No, see the statement "Code is 2007 code, too" Til I get the time to see if I can update the database [without] altering the content, I'm leaving it on Titanium-only client support.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Yello

I will see what I can find. =)
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Thanks, Amra. Good to see you again!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

So far no good. I swear it was around not too long ago. Will keep up the search. But yes, Abyss was most definitely based on Jib's core db. Like I said before I don't remember everything I changed.

The most major changes I remember (sorta):

Drastically lowered magic resistance across the board - This is just a pet peeve for me. I do NOT like being resisted =P I don't like eq fizzles either arrgg My intention was to backtrack and adjust Boss mobs and such but I don't recall how far I got.

Changed (donation) zones to allow access for all players.

Did some work with prismatic dyes and augments. Dyes were not working as I remember. They work in my version. I never finished the augments.

Beyond that I really don't know. Bits and pieces here and there but I don't think anything major.

There may have been an implementation of Georges random loot. As I remember loot generator. As I recalled loot being a bit barren for minor mobs. But that may have been another db =) And it would have been temporary until the loot table was redesigned.

So that's about it. =)
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Amra
Hill Giant

Edit: Random loot was another db. Scratch that =P
Old 09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Unfortunately, this server is not as popular as it was in 2007. I guess all the old players have moved on or stopped playing MMOs

I'm in the process of setting it up again on a Linux box, so it's down right now... but if I don't see regular usage of this database, I might choose to run a VZTZ rip-off PvP server instead. Though, I imagine that would be more work, since running a PvP server would be similar to running a day care and I don't think I have that much spare time to work out social issues haha.

Thanks for your search efforts, Amra. I'd run the original Zeb DB if you have it. Though yours is quite fun as it is.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

One reason I will never run an open server again. I can't deal with kids lol Awesome to see all these names still around though. George is still perfecting his tools I see =) Good deal.

Angelox looks to have been busy too lol Been a long time.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:26 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

been playing on the server , damn its a fun servber , But shame there isnt many players on it :( , Since Titanium only :(
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Heyy ,. I know you said you would not be making any changes to the server? ... , But there is one change that is porblery needed... , Deaths .. , what happen is , you die , but you just lie there dead. , dont respawn , i would imagine this would be a quick fix. , but if you close the EQ window , and load it back up , You spawn back where you Bind point is . , so therefor servers still playable but its such a pain ... Thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Just so you guys know, I updated the server for the current host. This means your characters will be wiped, but it should be much less frustrating with the zone crashes, they should be non-existing with this update.

He'll be deploying the new DB onto this server and running latest eqemu, fixing crash issues but probably breaking some of the higher end content. Please let me know in this thread if there's any issues.

I will be helping him monitor the server as things go on, and maybe I will dedicate a small amount of time to new content. It is running the content from the abyss download linked here, including the characters on the download.

You can use the SoF, SoD, and UF clients with this new and improved DB + Source, too.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

After new Code , John Adams , You need to pop on to change it to No Corpse Retrival thing :( , Since before it wasnt on :(
Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

a Few things ive noticed so far..

1. the Spell Scriber isnt Scrbing spells nomore.
2. The GM trainers are only showing lanuages.
3. Xp is Nerfed
4. Seem to hit as slow with haste , than before without any haste.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
trevius
Developer

If the custom files like the zone _chr.txt files aren't going to be provided anywhere (as needed in PoGrowth for example), you may want to consider doing a quick swipe through the zones to make sure there is nothing that isn't available to each particular custom zone.

I popped on for a bit and noticed my 6 year old character is still there lol.

I noticed factions aren't working, which I assume is due to one of the more recent faction changes and probably some missing SQL (seen those issues reported recently anyway).

Also, if spells aren't scribing or working or whatever, it may be that the spell file still needs to be imported into the DB.

Either way, it looks like there would be quite a bit of work before anyone should consider working on new content there. All of the zones will need to be rebalanced for the combat code changes through the years. Since the old Zeb website is gone, there is no good place to reference for figuring out what to do, where to go, or how to get there. Shortly before Jibba gave up on the server, I remember him doing some zone connecting thing that links all of his custom zones together into a custom connected world. Without a map of this, it would be pretty tough to know how to get around.